Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 12-Jan-2009, 22:49

Hi from Hampshire 696 Monster owning newbie

Hi Guys,

I joined the DSC following the Popham megameet and got my 696 just before Xmas. I managed to get the 1st service in before the recent icy spell and I just realised I managed to miss yesterdays (Sun 11 Jan) meeting! Doh

Anyway, live near Andover and hoping to meet up with some of you guys for a few ride outs. I've never done a track day and this is on my to do list this year - so I'd like to hear from anyone who can offer soothing words of encouragement and recommendations for my 1st outing. Ok. regardless of what words may be used, I need all the help I can get!

Hope to meet up soon

Steve
Old 12-Jan-2009, 23:00
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Hi Steve,

Welcome, sorry you missed yesterdays meet, but don't worry there will be plenty more

A bit quieter this time of year but we still do go on rideouts (weather permitting), so keep an eye on the rideout section of the board. If you email me you email address roy.andrews@ducatisportingclub.com I will add you to my mailing list.

As for trackdays, get yourself booked onto the DSC Trackday at Cadwell in June, it is the best way to start trackdays in the most friendly environment, it's the best trackday of the year.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Roy

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 12-Jan-2009, 23:01
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Hi Steve and welcome to the Club. Dont worry about missing Popham, with the Hants/Oxon/Berks group we always have somthing on at the weekends. 1st Sunday of the month is Foxs cafe but that usualy starts with a ride there meeting at Newbury. Kev is the new RO for that area and I'm sure he will be along in a mo to greet you. 2nd Sunday as ou know is Popham and usualy a ride to Winchester Percy Hobbs. 3rd Sunday of the month is John Henrys in Findon. The guys usualy meet at loomies ( http://www.loomies.co.uk/contact.htm ) beforehand and on Wed nights. Roy is the RO for hampshire and again I'm sure he will be along in a while as well.
Look forward to meeting you Steve, ( when its not raining as I'm a pussy dry rider )

Craig
Old 12-Jan-2009, 23:16
Big Twin

Mood: Bike or Yacht..... tough choice on sunny day ;-)
Talking

Hi Steve, welcome to the club, and the special inner circle of 696 owners !

I love my 696, it's such a great little bike
As for track days DO IT!
Recently took mine round brands gp circuit, it was a little slow on the straigts but great in the bends
I make it to a couple of the loonies meets, so hopefully meet you soon to compare bikes!
Steve
Old 12-Jan-2009, 23:21
GTL

, Steve. Seems like you're in the right place to get your questions answered
Have fun!!
Old 12-Jan-2009, 23:30
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
welcome to Hants....where theres ALWAYS something happening !!

there are a few your way, who join usso sure you wont be lonely!!

As craig says above, Findon run probably this Sunday coming, starting at Loomies...watch the rideout section
Old 13-Jan-2009, 00:18
GTL

Mood: ten, nine, eight oh bu**er lets go!
Welcome to the DSC and Hants mob Steve, we're quite a friendly bunch really

Book yourself on the DSC trackday, there'll be plenty of familiar faces and advice to ensure you enjoy it, and a 696 is excellent at Cadwell

Pete
Old 13-Jan-2009, 09:13
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

greetings and welcome
Old 13-Jan-2009, 13:06
Mille

Mood: Happy go lucky..most of the time!
Hi Steve,
Welcome nice to see somebody else from Andover joining....give me a shout sometime when the weather is a bit more bike friendly!

Regards
Damon
Old 13-Jan-2009, 13:59
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
As Gbyte666 (craig) said I would be along in a while and here I am.
As he mentioned I have taken over from Karl for this year as the Oxon/Berks RO and will be planing a few rideouts throughout 2009.
Not only on the first Sunday of every month but also regular runs to meet up with the Hants guys when they have there regional meet as well as other trips to events and general days out.
Quite often we meet up at the Clock Tower in Newbury where we often have Kim (Dukeman358) ride up from Andover to join us.
And as Roy says get booked in on the DSC Cadwell trackday there will be quite a few travelling up from the Hants/Oxon/Berks regions.

4 of us from Oxon are already booked in on a trackday at Silverstone on the first Sunday of March for some DD shakedown runs as well as the odd 1098R and Ex Buildbase 1098 Superstocker getting a run out and as that is the day of the Oxon/Berks regional meet I may have to either organise a rideout to Silverstone of for the others to meet at Newbury for a ride to Fox's (Must find out when the planned refurbishment of Fox's is going to take place)

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook