Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-May-2006, 23:34

Mood: confused
Goop Slime and Foam??

Got a trip coming up and thought some puncture prevention/repair stuff could be usefull. Anyone used any of the above? Does it work?
Old 05-May-2006, 13:05
Mille

My advise is tyre slime/sealant is shite, i got a puncture on the mayday run, tryed the sealant and it worked for 15 mins them just popped out and wouldnt seal anymore, lukily a mate had a much better kit. 11 years old, you stab the tyre making the whole bigger, apply special glue the the bung push the sticky rubber bung through wait half hour and use the C02 cans to re-inflate your tyre.
it got me home and i finished the rideout, my mate said one lasted the life of his tyre.
Old 08-May-2006, 18:26
Ducati Corse

I used the green stuff, can't think what its called. It worked perfectly on a MEZ4 which lasted for another 3000 miles. I used the second half of the bottle on the new tyre. Came down to the garage one morning to find i'd got a puncture and a big pool of green slime under the bike!
The tyre people didn't like it either, makes the rim very slippery and its difficult to get the new tyre to seat.