Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 11-Apr-2012, 21:08
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Sean Neary Motocorse Racing 848 challenge report

Sean Neary Racing News

11 April 2012

Race Report . Round 1 . Brands Hatch Indy

Race Report – Round 1 – Brands Hatch Indy
Certainly an eventful weekend full of ups and downs! The weather wasn’t kind to us and it was bitterly cold and wet for the majority of the weekend.
Qualifying
We set off for qualifying and the bike developed what seemed like a fuel fault on the out lap. I came straight back to the pit lane to see if the team could find any problems. The bike was running on one cyclinder due to an electrical problem but we couldn’t find what this was. We unfortunately missed qualifying as a result which would mean we would need to start from the back of the grid in the races. Not a great start but that’s racing as they say!
Race 1
We missed morning warm up on Sunday as we hadn’t been able to find the fault on the bike. We thought we had fixed the problem by the race however on the warm up lap it became apparent that we still had the same problem therefore we had to retire from the race.
Race 2
After countless work by Tony @ Motocorse and assistance with parts from Ducati Manchester and Italsport we found that the coil had failed which had also damaged the ECU. We went out in morning warm up on Monday and the bike didn’t miss a beat. This meant we were in the race!
The weather conditions were appalling for the race, we made a change with the gearing after warm up and changed the suspension settings to try and get more feel in the wet conditions.
I started the race from last position on the grid P31 after our qualifying nightmare. I got a steady start and began to make my passes as quickly as possible without making any silly mistakes. I couldn’t see my pit signals due to the weather but I knew I had made a fair few passes! I managed to finish 5th in the race which meant we had salvaged a great result. My lap times prove that had we got away at the front we could have been in with a good chance of winning.
Massive thanks to all the sponsors and all in the team for their hard work and patience during the weekend. The bike felt great in race 2 which gives us great confidence moving forward. Although we missed race 1 we leave the championship 7th which we are all very happy with after the bad luck we had earlier in the weekend.
Another huge thanks goes to the Supporters Club members who made it possible to get to Brands.
Roll on Assen!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit