Ducati Sporting Club UK
DSC Website - Help and Notices
Information on using the site & requests for help or suggestions, as well as notices about site changes, updates and downtime.

Old 18-Apr-2012, 15:29
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
The only problem I get is, the new posts total is now showing huge numbers.... over a 100 at times... when there's really only half a dozen...

Everything else works fine for me
Old 18-Apr-2012, 15:45
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS
The only problem I get is, the new posts total is now showing huge numbers.... over a 100 at times... when there's really only half a dozen...

That is correct - it is counting the News Feeds section in the new posts total, but it excludes them from the New Posts page to stop it polluting that page!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 18-Apr-2012, 16:31
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Please send it Antonye,

I will get one of the IT types in work to look at your configuration. Still p****s me off that as members we can't get it fixed by a IT professional. I know I moaning, but I pays me money and expects delivery of services that are of sufficient standard to enable all to have the same FUNCTIONING facilities within the forum space.

Mike, off to play with a delta v issue.
Old 18-Apr-2012, 18:40
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker V2
Please send it Antonye,

I will get one of the IT types in work to look at your configuration. Still p****s me off that as members we can't get it fixed by a IT professional. I know I moaning, but I pays me money and expects delivery of services that are of sufficient standard to enable all to have the same FUNCTIONING facilities within the forum space.

Mike, off to play with a delta v issue.

Sure no problem, just drop me an email address you'd like it zipped to.

The issue is that it's an older version of the vBB system with no support from the vendor any more, and the browsers have moved on since then, so it appears that while some work fine (as witnessed above) others don't (as also witnessed above).

Personally I'd like to rip out this whole vBB system and replace it with something newer (as there's a lot of "features" which really **** me off too!) and it was one of the objectives set out by the new MT, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to have been any progress made on that so far.

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 18-Apr-2012, 19:02
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
not alone - when I use my ipad or ipod, it wont work. I have noticed it comes up as a number in the address bar, but if I select the bar and look at previous, it comes up 'get-daily' then it works...no idea what it means!!
Old 20-Apr-2012, 23:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Right, after a bit more digging with Google I *think* I might have just fixed it by changing some of the settings for cookies.

I did a quick check on the iPad and it seems ok, but if others can check and let me know if it works I would be grateful!

Old 21-Apr-2012, 00:03
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Ha! After a bit more fiddling I've also fixed the formatting of the Quick Links drop-down menu, for those browsers that support it ... and all I need to do now is update that browser list if I can find it!!

Old 24-Apr-2012, 12:59
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Ha! After a bit more fiddling I've also fixed the formatting of the Quick Links drop-down menu, for those browsers that support it ... and all I need to do now is update that browser list if I can find it!!

Ant for the 1st time in what seems weeks it is now working on my home machine with Windows 7 and IE9.

Well done that man!