Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Here goes,

Bl**dy Estate Agents!
There done it now
Butch
Old 25-Feb-2005, 12:50
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I can't believe this system, we don'thave it in Oz ...

Bloody estate agents

Sorry to hear this Ruth, I imagine you'd be pretty pee'd off! Oh well, ne'ermind, you'll find something else AND there's WSB on this weekend The world is right again!

sbwells - mate, give me the details and I'll sort em out! I mean sort them out!
Old 25-Feb-2005, 12:59
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Ruth - you have my sympathies - I've been gazumped on more than one occasion, although luckily fairly early on in the process and as my solicitor is a friend of mine, the losses have been minimal and it's been more of an invoncenience than anything else.

As far as race tracks - there was a place for sale in the South of France last year or the year before with it's own circuit.... sounded fantastic! Now - where did I put my lottery ticket....

Cheers
Martin
Old 25-Feb-2005, 13:21
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban996

As far as race tracks - there was a place for sale in the South of France last year or the year before with it's own circuit.... sounded fantastic! Now - where did I put my lottery ticket....

Cheers
Martin

I remember that one, own race track, 30 kms of enduro tracks, lots of hectares, big house, and gatekeepers lodge i think, all for one million £ not euros, baragin.

Shame i had to put my spare change in the gas meter last night, anyone fancy a whip round, DSC holiday home with own track, sounds good to me.
Old 25-Feb-2005, 14:44
Big Twin

Tough luck Ruth. Like they say, what goes around comes around so just get on with it. I personally would recommend contacting them again to see if you can look around with view to upping the offer, make a bigger offer, then pull out at last minute. (revenge is a dish best served cold). But my mind is warped from years of continuing abuse.

Shaun, it appears that the lady in your avatar has fell over and the bike is trapping her leg. Offers of assistance? Was there much damage?
Old 25-Feb-2005, 15:14
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by guest1

Shaun, it appears that the lady in your avatar has fell over and the bike is trapping her leg. Offers of assistance? Was there much damage?

Fortunately the bike wasn't damaged, but she nearly got a good kicking for being careless!

Now which avatar do you prefer, her and the bike, or the grizzly Adams?
Old 25-Feb-2005, 17:25
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by BDG
Quote:
Originally posted by guest1

Fortunately the bike wasn't damaged, but she nearly got a good kicking for being careless!

Now which avatar do you prefer, her and the bike, or the grizzly Adams?
Mein Gotte!!!!
SHE IS GRIZZLY ADAMS!!!
It seems pretty obvious that she and grizzly are one and the same person as the Before and After pictures for the big Shaun plastic surgery clinic

[Edited on 25-2-2005 by guest1]
Old 25-Feb-2005, 17:54
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
Hello sbwells. I don't blame the legal system.

[Edited on 24-2-2005 by Redruth]

I totally blame the system! All the hangeronners from solicitors to Estate Agents(what qualifications? )

I bought somewhere in Spain........No solicitors, No Estate agents, no paracites, Conducted the searches myself inconjuction with the sellers Bank manager!
Everyone turns up at the Notorie Office, you selling, got the deeds? You buying, got the money? Ok Swap.

...and you dont have to declare the proper price to the authorities.less tax!!
Old 25-Feb-2005, 18:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm of a mind to drop the people I was going to buy from a 'change of address' note when I move into my new house and they're still in theirs

But "revenge is mine, sayeth the Lord" so I'll leave it to Him.

I've been to look at a really quirky place this afternoon. Walking distance to work, old school house (part of) and a lovely little courtyard garden, opposite a suitable dog walking park. Only problem, no garage.

Now then, structually, I am going to have to knock out a window and put in double doors so that I can run my bike up the drive and straight into what is currently a bedroom but will become a utility/garage. Can already picture my bike sitting in there. Nice centrally heated Ducati only bed room - I'm amazing myself with my own positivity!

Old 25-Feb-2005, 18:08
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
I blame the system too. I'd like to know if there's been any test cases where the buyer has tried to sue the seller for breach of verbal contract and recover their losses.
Surely there's enough people in the equation to verify a verbal agreement has been made, and if proven then isn't that as good as a signed contract?

I just think myself lucky when hearing of this sort of thing... when I bought my pad it was 4 weeks from deciding to buy a house to the day I moved in, and that was after a week's delay cos the seller didn't have his new place sorted!