Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Aug-2006, 18:44
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
So would I mate-two problems.
1/ cost-Oulton is 80% more expensive than Cadwell
2/-The main one-their operating licence only allows them 1 bike event each week so we couldn't get a 2 dayer there for love nore money-shame but there it is. I don't actually think we could fill a one day event at Oulton-I tried this year and had 10 people put their name down for it when at the same time Cadwell was more than 30% full-so I had to pull the event.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 23-Aug-2006, 18:50
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Big thanks to Monty, Lizzie, all the MT and all the DSCers who made this a trackday to remember. I ran out of steam at lunchtime of day two, called it a day, but a two-dayer gets my vote (next time I won't ride 600+ miles the weekend before the Monday, may last the pace then!).

One highlight amongst many will be sharing the scrutineering bay with the Supermono. That was some privilege - I met John Hackett and chatted a bit, what an unassuming chap he is. If you read this John, thanks for the present!

Big-up to Gilps for joining the DSC and being a laugh. Many, many thanks to Ian Harris for sorting the fuel. You and Richard had a hell of a good time, by the looks of your tyres

Good to see Ian DCR again, a lot of laughs there, you do get yourself into some situations don't you? (The airbed, I mean ) Thanks for the bun mate, I was really flagging.

Jools and Fordie, good to see you guys again, I'm still waiting for a reply to my last twenty applications to join the BHCN.

Thanks to Mike (Rally) for helping me sort my right-hand mirror, sorry about the language mate, that thing always gets me emotional.

AK and CK, you guys are irreplaceable, thanks for the hospitality and cake.

And thanks to everyone else who was there, for making the event completely special. If I don't mention you by name, apologies, but my brain is still frazzled!

Bring on another two-day DSC Track Attack!
Old 23-Aug-2006, 19:25
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Only did the one day this year, but def, seriously consider 2 next, bring it on Monty, same track and format.

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 23-Aug-2006, 19:36
DaveB916

Loved it.....

Just a quick note to say loved the Tues at Cadwell, the old Senna loved it too even if she was still being serviced at 11 the evening before....lol

Good to put some faces to names and everyone I spoke to was polite and easy to get on with, which was good as I went alone my usual trackday fiends sorry friends being either in Germany or keeping 'the business ticking over'.

So thanks to all and yes next year I'll have 2 days, and now I am a member I'll get the beers in, shout your orders plse !!!

Just how many new members are there after the event ? Seemed Lizzie was very busy as I tried to sign up, well done for keeping cool Lizzie !!

Thanks to all.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 20:31
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseered
Fair play Monty, Cadwell is good for me, obviously I am not aware of the behind the scenes detail as in what tracks can and can't do, twas just a suggestion

I am aware of that Ian and it wasn't a go-it was actually quite helpful as it allows me to explain what can and can't be done now rather than have 153 similar questions posed over the next few months. Basically the only tracks that are suitable for us are Cadwell or Mallory in that they are reasonably central, camping is available, not too costly-(you don't want to know how much Donington cost's to hire), noise isn't too much of a problem, friendly etc etc.
When you then compare Cadwell with Mallory there are other issues. Mallory is easier to get to, but once you are in the paddock you are stuck since you have to use part of the circuit to get access-so no late arrivals. Noise is more of a problem-especially at night as they have lots of close houses-so no loud disco there then. The track itself I find a bit too simple to be honest, Cadwell is much more technical so there is more to learn which keeps the interest up.

The circuits available are:

Brands-you having a laugh!-£12,000 a day(Indy) +vat+NOISE
Donington-last time I checked about £14,000 a day!+NOISE
Silverstone-ditto
Oulton-£11,250 a day and only one a week for bikes-NOISE
Snetterton-£7,500 a day, probably could camp-a bit too far south & east
Rockingham-about £9,000 a day, slippery when wet-we had 13 fallers there when we ran it in one afternoon-8 at the same corner I think!-no camping
Castle Combe-no chance
Thruxton-no bike trackdays-ever!
Pembrey-Very too far south and west-like the other side of Swansea!
Croft-too far north
Anglesea-Ditto
Knockhill............
Bedford Autodrome-wonderful track, only 13 miles from me, major noise problem-like they only ever ran one bike trackday(I was there) and had noise complaints when everyone was riding a road legal bike.......nice layout though.
Lydden anyone?-no I didn't think so.

So we come back to Cadwell and Mallory....................

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 23-Aug-2006, 21:54
Mille

Mood: relaxed
I would like to say thanks to everyone who made it happen.
I had a fantastic time , best one yet .I was intending to do just the one day and hang around to watch on the tuesday . Had so much fun on the monday booked for tuesday as well . More fun on tuesday . Nice to meet new people and to put faces to the names on this forum .
Old 23-Aug-2006, 22:05
Mille

Mood: don't do moody
Great format - the 2 days allowed a pretty relaxed approch to missing the odd session, greatly contributing to the relaxed, friendly atmosphere.

Would strongly support CK's suggestion for a bar/social/seating area to be set up on the monday evening. For those without circus tent, mobile workshop, bike shop, Beckenham Palace motor homes etc, the hog roast thing became a question of trying to blag somebody's chair in said palaces, or retreating to our humble little tents in the dark and distant yonder for a cub scout type evening - still pretty enjoyable despite Arkala (sp?) failing to join us, but somewhere to hang out and eat would have been better...?
Old 23-Aug-2006, 22:22
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
My first DSC trackday, and the 2 day format gets a huge thumbs up from me as well. Because you're there 2 days you don't feel you need to put yourself under pressure to get out and make the monst of every bit of track time, if you miss a session it's no problem! The social thing in the evening worked well too, Hog roast was truly excellent, sign me up for next year as well! Would much prefer Cadwell to Mallory.
Old 24-Aug-2006, 00:33
Montjuic

Mood: good
Thumbs up cadwell 2 days how was it for you?

great fantastic 2 3 4 5 6 7 days next time good times like that should go on forever
Old 24-Aug-2006, 03:25
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Special