Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Nov-2009, 01:08
Mille

Oulton 31 Oct

Well my first time at Oulton & it's bloody damp & everyone is telling me how slippy Druids is & that 9 out of 10 people come off there. That bit of info would be good to know but where the hell is druids? Somewhere over there I was told as they pointed vaguely across the car park.
I was beginning to wish i'd spent some money & bought some tyre warmers but I think that every time it's damp & still don't have any.
First session for the sighting laps then on the first faster lap the bike/tyre/me certainly didn't like going into cascades which had me being very careful for the rest of the session. Feeling very wary for the second session but the grip was OK only problem now is that someone has changed the track layout from the first session & extra corners keep appearing out of nowhere & always going in the opposite direction to the way I was expecting.
Really enjoyed the third session as the track layout hadn't changed & it was mostly dry.

I decided to get some instruction after lunch to try & get my lines better & managed to get WeeJohnyB. I had asked about my lines but ended up getting a good breakdown of my riding which has given me something to think about & improve.
Next session started badly when the bike kept cutting out in the pit lane & then refused to run on both cylinders all the way round the lap so I came in to try & sort out the bloody useless Italian rubbish (should have bought a honda). It only needed to be turned off & on again so my love affair with my Duke is on again.
I used the rest of the session & the last session to work on some of my weak points. Thanks Johny for the instruction I looked for you after I'd packed my van but couldn't see you around the garages.
Really enjoyed the day & can see why people like Oulton. Cadwell is still my favorite track though but that's probably because I know it better than the others.
I just need to check over the bike to see why it wouldn't run properly.
Old 02-Nov-2009, 11:00
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown
.........only problem now is that someone has changed the track layout from the first session & extra corners keep appearing out of nowhere & always going in the opposite direction to the way I was expecting.........

How true !!!

Simply apply ;
Old 02-Nov-2009, 11:05
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
How true !!!

Simply apply ;
I though that's what caused the problem. I've been drinking it the night before so maybe I was doing it wrong & should be drinking some before every session. It would give me twice as many chances of hitting the apex.
Old 14-Nov-2009, 20:55
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Good to see you again today PB inbetween the downpours it was a superb day. I do love riding in the wet (with wets on). Druids was a tad slippy and caught a few people out. A coupl eof bikes with problems droping oil, but sorted out well by the staff. Did a few laps in my car as well

WeeJohnyB
Old 16-Nov-2009, 00:34
Mille

Good to talk again & another good day. First time on wets so was probably going round no faster than on road tyres for the first session & certainly didn't like the feel of them moving once it dried up. Shame about all the oil but at least you could see it in the wet & it wasn't all on the line so didn't matter that much. Lucky it rained again & washed it away. Managed to get to the front on the last session & had a really good couple of laps to finish the day off.

Only 1 more TD then the bikes away for winter. It's still occasionally running rough so it's off to get fixed ready for next year