Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 21-Dec-2006, 12:54
Mille

It's even better in the flesh!!!

Hi all, went to Motorapido yesterday to see my 's coming out of the crate and and what can I say, no picture does it justice!

It's so well finished, absolutely stunning. A few points to mention, i'm 5 ft 7 with short legs and the high seat is not a problem for us shorties as it slopes down a lot. I could get both feet down easily. It also feels amazingly light when you're standing over it and feeding it left to right.

The wheels are an absolute manufacturing marvel, you would not believe that the minimalist spokes could support the rear rim with such an offset. the rear disc is almost in the centre of the rim. They are extremely well finished on the 's, they look anodized rather than painted.

Everything has been lightened to the max, my bike didn't have the screen or mirrors fitted yet and the nose cose sides were extremely flexible due to their thin material. They fired up the demo bike while I was there and the sound is sooo awesome, much throatier than my 999.

The exhaust guard actually looks less bulky than in the pictures, without the flash photography you don't notice it that much as it's black. I thought this would be an eyesore but it looks fine.

The front end loks wicked, not as japanese as I first thought, there are really cool little slitty eye lights as well as the main and dipped lights.

So, off to pick it up tomorrow and try and ride through the fog! I'll get some piccies up if I can.

Anyone else getting theirs this side of 2007?