Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Jun-2005, 00:07
Dibble

Moto,

That price will be for a naked carbon fibre seat, you can transfer all your bip fittings to it, apart from the seatpad as the mono one is a different shape (£60 from a dealer) then it need painting to suit ....
Old 20-Jun-2005, 14:33
Big Twin

Thanks Dib.

End of the day it's going to cost you £350-ish, probably, then, in total, with painting and bits and pieces.
Old 20-Jun-2005, 14:44

seat

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef
Anyone know where you can get one of these these and price for a good quality one??

They're not carbon as on the 998R which is fine by me as they'll be cheaper

Thanks
the plastic seat is currently (in painted condition in australia ) more expensive than carbon seats,I have a new 996r seat in new condition with or without t/l and pad,you tell me what you think it is worth and I will tell you if I will send it to you. this seat is genuine 996r has the sticker on it ,it also has the correct GOLD pinstripe,I took it of my bike when I put 998r seats on my 996r they look better without the vents and aesceticly match the simplified lines of theone piece fairing halves.---------breakout
Old 20-Jun-2005, 15:13

seats

Quote:
Originally posted by nathanTX
I have a carbon fiber one arriving from Casoli within the next week. I'll let you know how it turns out and post a pic or two. Very reasonably priced here in the states, too. Well, reasonable when compared to the stock piece. I'm getting full carbon fiber painted to my specifications for less than the stock plastic item.
Casoli carbon is not always carbon, better termed composite, yes Casoli carbon has a very good gel-coat, but hold it up to the light ,their swingarm guards are one thickness of carbon and also contain glassfibre so as far as protection they are useless, DP items you can frequently see the carbon coming through the gel-coat (which lets water in) and so really needs resealing before you get wax etc on it.However casoli carbon looks to be mostly wet layup:-- looks good but frequently little carbon plenty of glassfibre included and to hide the fibreglass they paint the reverse side black!I have casoli tank protectors,which I used,bellypans which I sent back along with the swingarm guard protectors,as both items had more fibreglass than carbon in them.Make sure carbon is made by the prepreg , vacume bagged, and and some times autoclaved system,which produces the lightest, strongest ,most abrasion resistant motorcycle parts,ducati race bikes use MS production,Illumberger, are in my mind the best(use ducati weave so it matches stock parts) hightech,and carbon dream would be the best made and finished;-but use different cloth and their product line is getting smaller with all 748 / 998 parts so you may not be able to get matching sets anymore.CASOLI LOOKS GOOD BUT THEIR PRICES FOR THINGS LIKE BRAKE LEVERS AND FILLER PLUGS ARE BULLSHIT AND THEIR CARBON DESCRIPTION COULD POSSIBLY FALL FOWL OF THE 'TRADE DESCPRIPTIONS ACT"I dont mean to offend anybody I am only trying to share what i have found to stop people getting less than they pay for. BREAKOUT
Old 20-Jun-2005, 16:37

May well be true, we'll see how things turn out when I get it. On the US website, there is an option to order it in 50/50 (carbon fiber and fiberglass) or as full carbon. I ordered full carbon so we'll see how it turns out. I was aware of the time delays at the time of ordering. The website claims 2-4 weeks till shipping, but the guy told me around 6 weeks before it would go out. Last week was 7 weeks so I contacted them and they said it was going out in a couple of days. Sure enough, my account got dinged for the shipping charges on Friday, so I expect it to arrive sometime this week or maybe next.

Question - above, one person mentioned something about spacers for the biposto to monoposto conversion. I was aware of the seat difference and the swapping of hardware/lights/etc, but not anything additional. What spacers are required?
Old 20-Jun-2005, 18:53
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
for £350, not worried about carbon, why not try ARD racing, seem to have good reviews and comes pre done.
Old 20-Jun-2005, 19:58
500SD

If your converting a Bip to mono seat you will need
Ducati part no:-
1no 82711201A PLATE,MONO onto BIP
2no 71311091A SPACER
2no 77950091A SCREW

A painted seat,pad and the above from Ducati costs £410.00.
Old 20-Jun-2005, 22:24
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
Thanks for the advice

Maybe, I'll stick with the one that's on it...........

It's a single seat but with the vents - need to decide how much I dislike them not 410 that's for sure!!!!!