Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Aug-2005, 15:23
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I know...

Don't think she's paying for me though Steve... if only!
Old 17-Aug-2005, 20:45
500SD

OOOOHHH it's gettin close!!!!!
Old 18-Aug-2005, 00:34
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Andy/Berto I can now announce myself and Lily will also be on this, she's just booked the pair of us on, we're more than likely gonna go out the week before and have a bit of a jolly, sitting on a beach etc, then do the four track days.

Excellent. let me know your plans with your bikes etc.
Old 06-Sep-2005, 17:20
BSB Star

My paperwork for this arrived today! ya get yours?
Old 06-Sep-2005, 17:25
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I leave the house before postie gets to mine, will have to wait and see when I get home
Old 06-Sep-2005, 17:32
BSB Star

It talks about dropping your bike off 29 and 30th sept, and collecting after 14th and 17th Oct.
Old 27-Sep-2005, 23:16
BSB Star

come on..........come on, tell all please Ian! Tyres, tyre warmers? track, food, wine, entertainment.....aih! temp, any spills.......... ooh did i mention were off there soon!
Old 28-Sep-2005, 09:13
GTL

Jerez 21st - 24th September Report

What an awesome track, anyone going out with 100% who hasn't been to Jerez before is in for a real treat! Temperature was 31 -32 for all three days, and the track was sticky as ****. You could use kerbs just as if they were an extension of the track (which I suppose they are...but you know what I mean). Rumour has it that the grass was marginally less grippy, but fortunately, I didn't go there.

I just can't say anything to do justice to the track, it really is superb, every sort of curve you can think of, and a couple of brilliant combinations that have you laughing out loud if you get them anything near right (which is the nearest I ever get). No "747 Runway" straights, just two medium length ones to let you have a short breather...perfect.

As you'd expect plenty of facilities in the garages, my "fast" laps are similar to some people's tyre-warming laps, so I don't use warmers, but the track was so hot, even the fast blokes were only really taking it easy for a lap or so.

Top marks to Focused Events, there were only 30 of us in total, so open pitlane from the first afternoon onwards. There were some proper fast blokes (Spanish R1 champ, Norwegian 600 star etc, etc) but they all showed total courtesy to us "slow uns", and there were only 4 red flags in total. If I remember rightly, three were just people going into the gravel, but not even dropping the bike and one was a "hit gravel at speed, execute circus stuntman manouvre, hit ground hard, say ouch" type thing resulting in a trip to the medical centre and a complimentary sling.

I took a tuition option from a bloke called Woolsey Coulter, which was superb. Unlike the CSS etc he uses radios, so after he's showed you the lines, he follows you and tells you when to turn in, how hard to drive out of the corners, when not to brake ("DON'T BRAKE!...DONT BRAKE!!...DON'T BRAKE!!!) after a lap or so, the instructions dry up a bit as you start to get it right, and I have never ridden the bike so hard or felt so safe. I guess everyone learns in a different way, but I need to "feel" what is right rather than just be told, and this worked really well for me.

The tuition is expensive if you do it on a UK trackday (as it has to cover Woolsey's costs in getting over from Eire), but for anyone doing a Focused Spain trip next year, it is highly, highly recommended at £90 for a day, I'll definitely be doing it again.

Errrm, what else? Hotel was good, but 100% use a different one, so no insights there...Jerez is lovely in the centre, loads of Bars, Tapas places, restuarants.. Beer was reasonably priced, supermarket was unbeleivably cheap.

Anyway, brilliant three days...you'll all have a marvellous time in October, wish I was going again!
Old 28-Sep-2005, 09:48
BSB Star

Only excited a little bit now.......................
Old 28-Sep-2005, 10:00
GTL

Oh, a couple of other things...outside the hotel, no-one spoke a single word of English...not taxi drivers, not coach drivers, not bar staff, not anyone...so, if you want anything out of the ordinary, take your phrase book with you.

So the key phrases are: "un Cerveza, dos Cervesos, tres Cervesos"

(For larger orders just repeat above phrases in appropriate combinations)