Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Mar-2005, 09:57
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Bolds; you didn't see Charlie or John from parts with my Termi chip ordered and paid for six months ago and still not arrived?:P

Real McCoy is right Charlie would give the full SP.
Old 28-Mar-2005, 13:04
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by DucSoon?
Yep, 05 S has new swingarm, radial mounted brakes, bodywork made from new and less weight material, a small increase in HP (does it??), and the racing kit which means half (i think) Termignoni exhaust system, ECU and carbon fiber silencer cover.
And, of course the new 05 front fairing and red frame.
I think the 05 is a big overall improvment over the 04.

Just checked the Ducati 04 and 05 tech specs and both quote weight as 199KG, the online MCN 999 review claims a 13kg weight saving and I guess you'd expect some saving with lighter panels and the new swingarm but Ducati don't quote any difference, weird.

I agree 05 is an improvement over 04 but is a £4K improvement??. That saving could get you a termi ti system with a good weight saving and lighter wheels which will make as much difference if not more than swingarm. You pays your money and takes your choice Plus I couldn't afford the 05 999S so I'd still be riding a Honda SP2.
Old 28-Mar-2005, 19:31
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
Are you enjoying it Gizmo ??

Only rode it back from Leeds, been out on KTM all weekend, didn't want to get it covered in cack without a hugger to protect shock.

Inital impressions are good, better fueling than Sp2,but front end isn't as planted and its like steering a supertanker compared to how I had SP2 but thats down to setup, I altered ride height last night, setting sag front and rear tonight and will get the angle of dangle gauge on forks next week, might alter head angle rather than drop through yokes, not sure about overall ride height if I drop them. Its a lot quicker and lighter than SP2, much closer in feel to a Blade or R1 than the SP2 so maybe I should have gone for a 749R

it does what it was intended to do, I go into garage now just to work on it and admire it, never felt like that about the Honda.

You'll have to have a ride up here one night.
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:16
500SD

Hi Gizmo,are you going up for the championships again this year??
Old 28-Mar-2005, 21:12
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by berto
Hi Gizmo,are you going up for the championships again this year??

Hi Berto, yup, beginning of September I think, hope I get better weather for ride up, last year wasn't much fun. Still got the waterproofs I bought from your place on the way up . Might have to get a Cumbria/Lancs ride out organised to your spot, sure we could find an interesting way instead of M6/M74 as long as that Jura coffee machine is still working.

You still active on Monster OC forums??
Old 29-Mar-2005, 13:57
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
For anyone thinking of swapping 04 bodywork for 05 bodywork be carefull , its not just the fairing upper that is different by having no slots , it's wider too and the screen is higher , also the lowers are slightly different , especially in the way that the spoliers are mounted and shaped.

The 05 bodywork is based on the 04 999/749R carbon bodywork and I don't think the new upper fairing will attach to the old lowers , also the mirror mounts from the headlight ass'y may be different too to match the wider higher top fairing , you mat also have to buy a new screen , all in it could be quite an expensive swap
Old 29-Mar-2005, 14:30
GTL

Thats why its worth going for the DP kit
Old 29-Mar-2005, 16:13
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Quote:
Originally posted by bolds
Thats why its worth going for the DP kit

So what does the kit include ?

not that I will be needing it as I am very happy with my R's carbon bodywork , I even like the slots in the upper fairing , you can see the bare carbon on the inner bit , it's cool
Old 29-Mar-2005, 16:21
GTL

not sure exactly but would presume all the bits you mentioned as its listed as a conversion for 03/04 to 05 spec
Perhaps I can tell you soon as am looking at getting one for my 749 if I can save up enough