Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:05

Mood: 50 bpm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grib

Is that the Korean equivalent of 'chicken-in-a-basket'?
Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:07
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
Surely if you're on a 620 and a 583 is hassling you then drop behind them and learn from them, then when you've learnt use your hp advantage and smoke them

I just don't care, the series is great. Trying to get grids where no one on a faster bike gets in your way is ridiculous. I raced most of last year with a 25hp disadvantage, should I have complained about it ?
DD is the closest you'll get at club level to fixed hp and equal bikes and as such makes it as equal as it's ever gonna be

LOL sais "you "who have race wot twice in DD...??......just cos you are happy to play at racing and bang about at the back with the bhp disadvantage.....great woopee for you...some of us do care...........

Funny innit really the peeps who say " i dont care " " we dont care " never actually get anywhere.............................

PLONK.......................................glove down
Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:08
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
Surely if you're on a 620 and a 583 is hassling you then drop behind them and learn from them, then when you've learnt use your hp advantage and smoke them

I just don't care, the series is great. Trying to get grids where no one on a faster bike gets in your way is ridiculous. I raced most of last year with a 25hp disadvantage, should I have complained about it ?
DD is the closest you'll get at club level to fixed hp and equal bikes and as such makes it as equal as it's ever gonna be

but you and me races in the allcomer heat,where you had 250,400,600,750.1000..all on the same grid.....I thought that was great.....

even when i race in the 600 class,bish 600 honda bike was pushing out 126bhp where mine was only 116bhp...but it didnt bother me!!!!

but think it would be good racing if the 583 started first with say 10 seconds head start...

Last edited by stumpy1 : 14-Jul-2006 at 15:11.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:13
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy1
but you and me races in the allcomer heat,where you had 250,400,600,750.1000..all on the same grid.....I thought that was great.....

even when i race in the 600 class,bish 600 honda bike was pushing out 126bhp where mine was only 116bhp...but it didnt bother me!!!!

but think it would be good racing if the 583 started first with say 10 seconds head start...

Yes but u bish were in the same class right.?...............

Once again i say the peeps who say they dont care or woteva ..are not the guys who's race or aspirations are directly affected.?............no.? yes.?
Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:16
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
LOL sais "you "who have race wot twice in DD...??......just cos you are happy to play at racing and bang about at the back with the bhp disadvantage.....great woopee for you...some of us do care...........

Funny innit really the peeps who say " i dont care " " we dont care " never actually get anywhere.............................

PLONK.......................................glove down

Don't recall seeing you at the back of your class ? I don't care how the grids are mixed I really don't. I do care about my results but they are what they are. When/if a 583 is in front of me I'll learn from them. if I was on a 583 and I was the first 583 and had a 620 holding me up it wouldn't matter as there were no more 583's in front of me. If I'm on a 583 and I'm not in the lead (which would be the real scenario) and a 620 was hloding me up I'd have to learn to ride quicker as the only place to be is 1st.
As I said I spent most of last year in a class where the speed diff between my bike and the winning bikes was way more than the diff between a 583 and a 620, I got my head down and used the experience to learn and improve eventually getting well into the top 10.

The only thing if I was you that would slightly annoy me is not taking the chequered flag 1st, of course you will get to do that next year.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:16
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
Yes but u bish were in the same class right.?...............

Once again i say the peeps who say they dont care or woteva ..are not the guys who's race or aspirations are directly affected.?............no.? yes.?

but i was saying the 583 should start first...only the fast 620 people will catch up with some of the 583 people!!
Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:18
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
What he said!!

i thank you

i hope that altho i am not a racer and merely a bike owner that some of what i put could be listened to by the rider reps. but as i dont race perhaps i should get one of my riders to put all this down instead

Skids, opening the licence to national for 620 might wel increase the grid in that class mate

seems it must be quiet at work for you lot with the foot stamping and also kittens here
Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
but i was saying the 583 should start first...only the fast 620 people will catch up with some of the 583 people!!

take Oulton there was a 4 way battle for 2nd place in the 620's. just what mercy would they have given to the slower 583's when they caught them half way round the 1st lap !
Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:20
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:

too dangerous mate.
best to be split onto other grids like cb's or hairnets otherwise a 10 second start on same grid with 620s going first.
but hopefully there will be 2 grids so this is all hypothingy anyway
Old 14-Jul-2006, 15:27
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
too dangerous mate.
best to be split onto other grids like cb's or hairnets otherwise a 10 second start on same grid with 620s going first.
but hopefully there will be 2 grids so this is all hypothingy anyway

yeah can see your point.......

lets just hope that there can be two grid for next year then.....