Ducati Sporting Club UK
DSC & Ducati Events
Local, national & worldwide Ducati related event notices

Old 24-Jul-2011, 08:48
Big Twin

DSC Trackday Thankyou.

Thanks to all those involved in making a superb day happen at Cadwell among all those lovely Ducati's. Great to finally me Anthonty, what a nice guy.

Sadly only myself and Paul Pullen held up the DD side of things but Chris and Cathy were on hand to help brighten the day.

For those who didn't/couldn't go you missed a treat.
Old 24-Jul-2011, 09:22
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
It was a fantastic day, weather was great and the track was ours with only about 8 other bikes in the fast group, gave me a chance to scrub in some new rubber on the DD bike and blow the cobwebs off my 996.

Neil you were looking fast and smooth out there when you came flying past me.

Was great to see Monty, Ant, Guy, Wilf etc. Shame there were so few DSC members but maybe another day can be organised. Still it was a great day and i came home totaly knackerd
Old 24-Jul-2011, 09:56
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Yep, great day was had, weather was just right, not to hot, & not to cold
Shame more Ducati riders did not come out to play, as paul said Neil ( good to see you & Toni there Neil) was on fire, think Andy & Matt are going to have a hard time of beating him next month at Cadwell.

Great to see Guy out on track rather then being behind his camera for a change, and his bike sounded as good at the end of the day as it had in the begining

Monty on his Multi was burning his rear tyre out, you need to get some track orientated tyres next time, that Mich rear was greasing up.

Big thanks to Ant for helping us out by bringing one of our bikes back in his van, only to be rewarded by Archie trying to have his arm off, but we did give him a cup of tea before he set off home.

Big hate to the idiot who tried to take Cathy out at a junction as she rode home, left her lying in the road, no injuries fortunatly, Cathy managed to bring the bike to a halt before the idiot side swiped her, but she toppled over as she was off balance as she came to a halt, realy proud of her as she picked herself up and got back on the bike and rode it the rest of the way home, only found out after she rang me when she got back home.

Thanks to MSV for organising a trouble free day

Chris
Old 24-Jul-2011, 10:51
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
another I posted on which has gone....

shame I missed this, looks like a great day and I would have loved getting Neil to give me some tuition...would mind a go on Paul's DD bike either to compare a well set up, ligt and powerful one to mine...and see if I can use an SS tank now

was Cobby there too in the end?

maybe more time for people to decide next tome will help fill it
Old 24-Jul-2011, 11:03
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Thanks to everyone who came, we had a brilliant day with both the weather holding out (it was almost perfect - not too hot!) and the track not too busy either.
It was great to chat to everyone, meet new people and catch up with old friends. Lovely to meet Mr & Mrs Dunlop0_1, you guys are the epitome of what DD is all about and the paddock will be worse off without you next year.
I had a great time on the Hyper, playing with some much bigger bikes and exploring the limits, getting my knee down and trying to keep up with Monty!!

Let's see if we can organise another one later in the year!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 24-Jul-2011, 13:31
Ducati Corse

Glad you had a great time.Hopefully there will be a second TD.!!
Old 25-Jul-2011, 10:10
Bikes: 848

Did anyone get any pic's of me going down @ Hall Bends I was on the number 81 red/white/black 848 ... someone said that one of the Moto Rapido guys had snaps of my walk of same :-)