Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 26-Jan-2012, 20:47
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I'm insured with Ducati Insurance and have been for quite a few years now and getting my policy renewed with the modded bikes hasn't been a problem, but I'm told its a old style policy that is no longer available to new customers.
This probably applies to other Insurance companies also, so sometimes staying where you are and paying a slightly increased premium to retain a old style policy is a better option than jumping ship to a cheaper policy

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 26-Jan-2012, 21:00
Bikes: ST4S abs

Mood: calm,cheerfull,determined
it is mce to be avoided at all costs...if you value your sanity...ducati insurance a breath of fresh air!
Old 28-Jan-2012, 12:47
Bevel Head
Bikes: Ducati 748r-853r / SF 1098s

Mood: ...much happier.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel couque
it is mce to be avoided at all costs...if you value your sanity...ducati insurance a breath of fresh air!

Thanks for the heads up... unfort I have already bit the bullet.
Old 29-Jan-2012, 11:30
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyford
Thanks for the heads up... unfort I have already bit the bullet.

Same here, Ducati Insuance were having a larf asking for nearly a grand MCE came in at £217 will have to wait and see if i ever need to make a claim, touch wood i have not had to make a claim since i was 17 so my luck may hold out.
Old 30-Jan-2012, 16:04
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
Same here, Ducati Insuance were having a larf asking for nearly a grand MCE came in at £217 will have to wait and see if i ever need to make a claim, touch wood i have not had to make a claim since i was 17 so my luck may hold out.

Yup, Ducati Insurance advised without going through the quote process that if I was receiving a quote ~200 / ~300 squids for a modded duke, then bite their arm off. The impression I received from DI was that my quote would have been in excess of £800+

MCE was the only bike insurer to provide a painless all-inclusive quote, not like the other 'ryan-air' bolt on additions; helmet & leathers, breakdown, legal, courtesy car, etc, etc. They did the lot + throw in BSB membership perks.
Old 30-Jan-2012, 22:11
Bikes: ST4S abs

Mood: calm,cheerfull,determined
never had a problem till needed to make a claim.........not even going to start telling the story...infact still being assesed at the ombudsmen,but already acknowledged that they have failed to reach the required standards in certain aspects.
Old 31-Jan-2012, 13:07
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Funnily enough, MCE were listed in my "go compare" car insurance renewal. I nearly laughed myself off of my chair when I saw it was £2,500!!!

Like skids said, it seems cyclical... They decide to go for a new market sector each year, then move on the next. Only allowing those that stay to keep previous deals. I remember when I got mine I was told to go o DI because a lot used them with mods and they were cheap... Not when I applied though, and only eBike were interested... Looks like it has moved on again...

Last edited by Jolley : 31-Jan-2012 at 13:12.
Old 31-Jan-2012, 19:28
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel couque
never had a problem till needed to make a claim.........not even going to start telling the story...infact still being assesed at the ombudsmen,but already acknowledged that they have failed to reach the required standards in certain aspects.

Received a call from MCE today...

MCE: "Hello Sir, how are you. I am just calling to enquire if you want legal protection on your policy"

Me: "I was advised on purchasing that everything was included"

MCE: "Sorry sir, this is not showing up on the policy on purchase"

Me: "Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I was advised, blah blah blah.. listen into the recorded phone call and call me back"

... not best impressed and its only been a few days.

Anyway, going to take a punt with the following URL. Need to find out whether it covers me if I'm at fault, not that I'm a bad rider or anything

http://www.autolaw.co.uk
Old 01-Feb-2012, 00:19
Mille
Bikes: 750ss, 998s

Quote:
Anyway, going to take a punt with the following URL. Need to find out whether it covers me if I'm at fault, not that I'm a bad rider or anything

I cancelled the legal cover on each of the numerous auto policies we had and took out one of the above, after seeing recommendations. The cover is actually more extensive (eg covering everyone in the household, and/or on cycles etc), and you save ££s.
Old 06-Feb-2012, 10:48
Bevel Head

Angry

Quote:
Received a call from MCE today...

MCE: "Hello Sir, how are you. I am just calling to enquire if you want legal protection on your policy"

Me: "I was advised on purchasing that everything was included"

MCE: "Sorry sir, this is not showing up on the policy on purchase"

Me: "Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I was advised, blah blah blah.. listen into the recorded phone call and call me back"

... not best impressed and its only been a few days.

Ash 1 MCE 0

Motor Legal Protection is now on my policy after MCE listened back to the prerecorded call

All I need to confirm now is a courtesy bike, personal accident cover & helmet & leathers cover.

If there's one thing I have learn't from this is to do a tick-back exercise after purchasing your policy! Unbelievable.