Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 02-Nov-2005, 17:46
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
Norwich Union

Are calling me back later today with a settlement figure for my 999. Very apologetic that after 10 weeks bar one day they still haven't collected the bike!

Anyone want to guess what their opening bid will be?

And when it comes in low which I imagine it will what is the best way to approach it. Never claimed on anything before.

It was a 03 on 52 plate 999 BP 5500 miles and std and immaculate.

No prizes for the winning guess but just a bit of fun.
Old 02-Nov-2005, 19:27
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
Get as much information as you can on similar bike, age, mileage, condition and for sale price and where possible photographs. Obviously start with dealers web sites as they will be normally at a higher cost to start with. When they give you a rubbish offer send them all your info and ask that at least they offer you enough to be able to purchase equivalent product.
Good luck
Old 02-Nov-2005, 20:59
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Fed up...
£4800
Old 03-Nov-2005, 00:15
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
Actually they have offered me what I put down as the value of the bike on the proposal form. £6500. I guess it's hard to argue for a higher price on that basis. trouble is they have to take off the excesses. £750. Should have cheque in a couple of days.

Wife spotted me looking on ebay at bikes and went nuts. Threatened to leave and everything! What an opportunity!
Old 03-Nov-2005, 08:59
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Take it............You'll not get one like that again

(The offer from the missus that is not the insurance company )
Old 03-Nov-2005, 10:00
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by ttstu
Actually they have offered me what I put down as the value of the bike on the proposal form. £6500. I guess it's hard to argue for a higher price on that basis. trouble is they have to take off the excesses. £750. Should have cheque in a couple of days.

Wife spotted me looking on ebay at bikes and went nuts. Threatened to leave and everything! What an opportunity!

i found them really good when mine was written off, they offered me more than i'd put on the insurance form after i explained i got a deal on an ex demo model which i couldn't get again. They also accepted that as i always bought bikes from dealers and never privately that the figure would be the amount to buy a similar age/mileage bike from a dealer. payout let me get an S spec multi, 4 months newer and with a few hou less miles for £500 more than they gave me.

overall i was very impressed by them and would stick with them even if premiums are a bit more than other companies.