Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Mar-2012, 10:43
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Antonye's route will give the best bang for buck. The 19mm master cylinder will give the biggest improvement as the stock 16 is a little undersized.
Pads (Bendix MF work very well) then calipers and ultimately discs....
I ran Brembo master, P4's, Brembo supersport floating discs and Bendix MF pads. They out performed the 1098 with much better feedback
Old 22-Mar-2012, 19:34
Mille

P4 are great, also fitted on later 01-03 Prilla RSV-R models. look for the cast bridge over where the pads drop in to ensure you get the right model!

Think the banjo are at different angle? may need to change hoses.
Old 22-Mar-2012, 20:26
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly
Antonye's route will give the best bang for buck. The 19mm master cylinder will give the biggest improvement as the stock 16 is a little undersized.
I ran Brembo master, P4's, Brembo supersport floating discs and Bendix MF pads. They out performed the 1098 with much better feedback

I second Nelly on his choice of Bendix MF Pads - they are great pads with loads of feedback and not too pricey too.
Old 22-Mar-2012, 21:02
Mille

Quote:

Thanks, so will all Brembo 19mm master cylinders fit or do i need to look for specific part numbers?

Cheers
Simon
Old 22-Mar-2012, 22:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
There are 3 19mm cylinders. the differ in ratio...how it feels and how much lever movement you get. wouldn't bother with the 16 ratio. 18 is most popular while the 20 gives very little lever travel but arguably the best feedback. It is a bit "hair trigger" though. I'd suggest 18 for most
Old 22-Mar-2012, 23:40
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Note the 19mm Brembo radials have the banjo fitting on the bottom and will require the use of an alternative brake switch setup, such as a hydraulic pressure switch. I have often used the Brembo Radials but never with the standard hose having always gone to aftermarket aeroquip hose at the same time, so i'm not sure how well the standard Hose adapts to the 19mm radials.

A few years ago a mate updated his 748RS, adding Mag wheels, Corse spec Mag arm, shock, linkage along with a few other mods and after watching him stick it on pole at Castle Combe in the Sound of Thunder quallifying its safe to say the upgrades worked. So I thought I'd ask him out of all the upgrades which did he think was the best and his answer was the P4 Calipers

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 24-Mar-2012, 21:43
Mille

Quote:
There are 3 19mm cylinders. the differ in ratio...how it feels and how much lever movement you get. wouldn't bother with the 16 ratio. 18 is most popular while the 20 gives very little lever travel but arguably the best feedback. It is a bit "hair trigger" though. I'd suggest 18 for most

Right then it will the 18 for me, thanks.

Quote:
Note the 19mm Brembo radials have the banjo fitting on the bottom and will require the use of an alternative brake switch setup, such as a hydraulic pressure switch.

I have been told that there is an RCS type that comes with a brake switch and these are much more reliable than using a hydraulic switch, but they are much dearer. Can anyone advise on this?

Cheers
Simon
Old 25-Mar-2012, 18:09
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by r15suk
Right then it will the 18 for me, thanks.

I have been told that there is an RCS type that comes with a brake switch and these are much more reliable than using a hydraulic switch, but they are much dearer. Can anyone advise on this?

Cheers
Simon

RCS has a brake light switch.
Old 26-Mar-2012, 14:24
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyX
RCS has a brake light switch.

Thanks. Every heard of the pressure switches being unreliable? Just trying to see if thr RCS will be worth the extra cost.

Cheers
Simon
Old 26-Mar-2012, 14:34
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by r15suk
Thanks. Every heard of the pressure switches being unreliable? Just trying to see if thr RCS will be worth the extra cost.

I've run an 18 Brembo Race Radial on my 748 for around 5 years with a pressure switch without any problems at all. Just make sure you buy a good quality one.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!