Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Feb-2013, 17:26
DSC Club Rep
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simps
Rich did you ever find your sport classic~?

I am after one know and its a right struggle!

Anyone want to sell theirs please drop me a message!

thanks

The last one I saw on eBay (UK) was a yellow Sport 1000 mono in Falkirk, must have been November 12 ish, very lowmilage but £7.5k. It might be worth setting eBay up to flag up any that come onto the market. They come up on US eBay regularly and I've seen one or two in Europe. I think the European mainland prices might be a bit lower too so it could be worth a cross channel dash in a van to get one? There was a yellow Sport 1000 bip in Italy a few months back at more like £4.5k (from memory) but it had 25k on the clock. I'm sure one will come up if your'e prepared to wait.
Old 10-Feb-2013, 20:02
DSC Club Rep
Montjuic

Quote:
Rich did you ever find your sport classic~?

I am after one know and its a right struggle!

Anyone want to sell theirs please drop me a message!

thanks

One for sale now at DMC, Preston. It's on UK eBay. A Red 2008 1000S with 5,700 miles. Not cheap though.
Old 11-Feb-2013, 16:51
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve E
One for sale now at DMC, Preston. It's on UK eBay. A Red 2008 1000S with 5,700 miles. Not cheap though.

Cheers SteveE
Wow! They are nice bikes, but not that nice. I don't personally love the Hailwood and Smart special editions but atleast they have the toys to justify the price.

That is just one very dear bike. I really should just go and get one from Germany but I justcant be bothered with getting it certified for the UK and sorting out all the taxes etc!
Old 12-Feb-2013, 01:26
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
http://ducatiforum.co.uk/classifieds...lassic-gt1000/

Dunno if still for sale
Old 12-Feb-2013, 20:07
DSC Club Rep
Montjuic

Quote:
Cheers SteveE
Wow! They are nice bikes, but not that nice. I don't personally love the Hailwood and Smart special editions but atleast they have the toys to justify the price.

That is just one very dear bike. I really should just go and get one from Germany but I justcant be bothered with getting it certified for the UK and sorting out all the taxes etc!

I agree. People seem to be testing the market for how much they can get for one. You could get a really nice 1198 for 11k! It sold yesterday though.
Old 12-Feb-2013, 22:32
Mille

yeah, I saw that it sold and was a bit shocked to be honest.

I am just lazy and confused about getting a mainland Europe one to the UK. Perhaps I need to just get on with it and bring one over. There are a few around asking 6000 Euro so much better value. Just a bit of hassle.

Any ideas on what the procedure is in terms of getting it approved for UK use?
Old 13-Feb-2013, 09:54
DSC Club Rep
Montjuic

Quote:
yeah, I saw that it sold and was a bit shocked to be honest.

I am just lazy and confused about getting a mainland Europe one to the UK. Perhaps I need to just get on with it and bring one over. There are a few around asking 6000 Euro so much better value. Just a bit of hassle.

Any ideas on what the procedure is in terms of getting it approved for UK use?

Hi Simps, I've not imported a bike myself but I don't think it is to difficult. I just Googled this Department for Transport page ( http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/other/vehi...porting-mu.asp ) which has the rules. At first glance, if you import from Europe it looks like you have to sign a dectaration (Mutual Recognition Process). As you say, there are not many around and with the Euro economy not too brilliant you might pick one up for a good price, just factor in any duty ( www.dutycalculator.com )the van, crossing, fuel costs etc.