Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Feb-2006, 20:21
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

definitely put spacers in or you can find springs will extend and hit outer cover (this becomes more the case as springs age - expect huge technical view on whether or not this really happens - but it has been known.

Also, don't use stainless springs if you have any from of race clutch lightweight, slipper or four post. They just ain't up to it.
Old 12-Feb-2006, 20:21
GTL

definitely put spacers in or you can find springs will extend and hit outer cover (this becomes more the case as springs age - expect huge technical view on whether or not this really happens - but it has been known.

Also, don't use stainless springs if you have any from of race clutch lightweight, slipper or four post. They just ain't up to it.
Old 12-Feb-2006, 20:22
GTL

GTL

GTL

Old 12-Feb-2006, 21:23
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.
Quote:
Originally posted by stealth2

I hear ya the first time.
Old 12-Feb-2006, 21:30
Ducati Corse

Blimey!!
Old 12-Feb-2006, 23:45
Bevel Head

Mood: Flatulent
Say again Stealth?...

Thanks for the replies. I'll just do the cover swap then and worry about adding more bling as and when it becomes necessary. Interesting comments on the use of spacers too - note taken for future observation.
Old 13-Feb-2006, 00:41
RCA

stealth2

me thinks you may have a stickey keyboarddddddddddddddddddddddd.

Once happend to me that, Girlfriend came in one night totally hammered after a girls night out. During the night she had abit of a sleep walk over to my PC (which she dreamt was the toilet), the rest I will leave upto your imagination.

One Logitech Bluetooth keyboard well and truly dead. I/the keyboard was very '****ed' off/on.
Old 13-Feb-2006, 01:16
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
My solution.

Carbon cover and 30 mins with a dremel. Ducati Performace red pressure plate. Springs painted in satin black spray paint from local car shop. Full cost about £125 ish, look and sound .... priceless.

Nothing else needed, no fancy stainless bolts or caps etc.

As for accident protection, if it goes down hard enough to damage the clutch I have a feeling it will only be one of many items that gets damaged.