Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 24-Apr-2005, 20:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
This weekends problems are reportedly be due to new forks, - JT gave up with them in the end and reverted to a proven pair.

Race 1 - 23rd to 8th if I remember right is not bad......then he got taken off in 2nd race

Perhaps Ducati Corse knowing that the chances are not so good this year are focusing on AMA?
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:09
GTL

Mood: Sort of shuffling along .....
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Toseland didn't get a lap in on a qualifier prior to superpole because of a technical problem which meant he had to change the front wheel. When he went back out he just missed the clock to put a decent lap in to get himself into superpole.

You have to feel sorry for him, I wonder what sort of state he is in mentally. The world champ is definitely having a testing year.

If he is a professional , then he should be doing something better that that ...

Technical is an "excuse" ... so why has he lost the plot?
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:18
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by the phantom pieman
If he is a professional , then he should be doing something better that that ...

Technical is an "excuse" ... so why has he lost the plot?

Well he's not a professional mechanic is he? He can't help it if there is a mechanical problem, he's just supposed to ride it.

I do agree that he seems to be slipping mentally. When he went off in the second race it seemed more to target fixation rather than being runoff, the accident happened in front of him and he seemed to follow it. That may be a bit harsh because he was out of shot for the majority of it so I can't be sure that nothing happened before then.
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Toseland didn't get a lap in on a qualifier prior to superpole because of a technical problem which meant he had to change the front wheel. When he went back out he just missed the clock to put a decent lap in to get himself into superpole.

You have to feel sorry for him, I wonder what sort of state he is in mentally. The world champ is definitely having a testing year.
are you saying you expect to see a top rider or world champion even down in 21st before they put a qualifier on ?
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
You lot SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see any of you lot go out there, and do what they do. You going to put your life on the line, I don't think so.

Rant over.
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:36
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
You lot SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see any of you lot go out there, and do what they do. You going to put your life on the line, I don't think so.

Rant over.

Easy Jon. I kinda think that I actually am - not kidding myself about the level though obviously.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
are you saying you expect to see a top rider or world champion even down in 21st before they put a qualifier on ?

If I was saying that, I would have said it.

I was merely explaining what happened.

You and I don't know what they were testing etc, they may have been high enough to be in superpole on race tyres, like everyone else, and then the technical hitch and not doing a lap on q tyres allowed the others who did put them on do go ahead? Do YOU know what times he was doing in practice before everyone chucked in q tyres?

People like Mugga's (who needs to stop crashing!!) can go a second quicker on qualifiers - if you don't get a lap on qualifiers then you may not get into superpole regardless of what times you were running on race tyres!
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
**** pore excuse, qualifying is that not testing
I know im abrupt but hey only time will tell
Ducati wont win the title this year because they no longer have a cc advantage, the can run what forks they like it wont win them any races this year
Old 25-Apr-2005, 00:25
GTL

Mood: Sort of shuffling along .....
Nope, I couldn't do what he does.

But I'm not toting myself around as a racer and earning good money.

For some reason Toseland has totally lost it mentally. Same bike as last year, but best place 6th ??

I feel sorry for him, as I don't think that he has the full support of Ducati ... but there is only one man who can cahnge his fortunes.

He will not be doing the full season on the current performance ....
Old 25-Apr-2005, 01:04
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I still say you suck. You are not worthy of cleaning his boots, let alone question his performance.
Old 25-Apr-2005, 01:04
Dibble

i dont think JT has recovered from those sambucas at the DD launch ...... hey ho ....

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit