Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jul-2005, 00:28
Mille

Mood: So its raining, your problem with that is ??
916 Sidestand needed ?

Parked up, walked away, came back, just in time to see the bike topple over......

Only damage was clutch lever snapped off, (lucky it broke at the weak point) bit of a scratch to the LH mirror, broken LH indicator lens...

WHY ?? Because the bloody side stand has snapped !!!!

Anybody got one they wish to sell ?? also clutch lever ??

Cheers guys..

Geoff M

mail direct to ducati@916.me.uk
Old 27-Jul-2005, 10:15
500SD

Levers
http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/sear...&submit=Search
Old 27-Jul-2005, 20:59
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Ah something close to my heart, mine has never snapped but once the ride height was set it leaned quite alamingly and that was before it had the ventura system fitted so i had a 1" block welded to the bottom. sure it looked like a club foot and a bit odd but sat so much better.
i now have a cyclecat stand which is an inch longer than stock and its superb. well worth £100 i really cant reccomend one enough. much thicker more substantial, ok you still wouldnt sit on the bike but it easily takes the weight now
Old 27-Jul-2005, 21:23
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
I have both parts if you want them.
£15 ?
Old 27-Jul-2005, 21:26
Mille

Mood: So its raining, your problem with that is ??
I am now £98 worse off,

new stand and lever from Ducati Mcr, But £12.00 for the bolt that holds the stand on ?? !!!!

Ahh well, at least I was not on it when it went over,

and there are people a lot worse off than me, and its not raining, and it is a Ducati after all, and I am going out for a curry tonight, and at least I am not a chav. and I have my health, and a nice car and a gorgeous wife and so on and so forth...

Justifying it to meself !!!

Geoff M
Old 01-Aug-2005, 11:06

Mood: Fed up
Quote:
Originally posted by crm250
Ah something close to my heart, mine has never snapped but once the ride height was set it leaned quite alamingly and that was before it had the ventura system fitted so i had a 1" block welded to the bottom. sure it looked like a club foot and a bit odd but sat so much better.
i now have a cyclecat stand which is an inch longer than stock and its superb. well worth £100 i really cant reccomend one enough. much thicker more substantial, ok you still wouldnt sit on the bike but it easily takes the weight now

Do you know if the Cyclecat sidestands are available to buy online in the UK?

I have a 748S and for a long time ive been concerned about the sidestand, the fact I can see it flex as it takes the weight of the bike doesn't inspire confidence!

I pulled up to fill up on gas yesterday, kicked the sidestand out and started to lean the bike onto it and the bike just kept leaning. I stood the bike back up straight and the stand just fell to the ground, somehow the bolts holding the stand to the frame of the bike had come loose (rattled free?) Fortunately there was a friendly biker at hand to hold the pike whilst i filled up and picked up my stand for the ride home to repair it! Its definately time to replace it.

A bit more worrying, there appears to be oil leaking from the 2 holes where the side stand bolts onto, does that mean anything to anyone?
Old 02-Aug-2005, 18:41
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
you can buy them from spareshack but he only orderes them on demand.
pm me for more details mate if you need them
Old 30-Aug-2005, 12:34

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately on the same day a car pulled straight out infront of me...a broken collar bone, couple of ribs and a few weeks later i'm working (read attempting) on rebuilding the front end of the bike! But i shall still replace the sidestand, is it just a case of giving them a call, or dropping them an email?

Also, as for replacing fairings, headlights etc, best to just pay the cash and get them directly from Ducati, or does anyone know of any alternatives?
Old 30-Aug-2005, 12:37
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Ebay is your friend.... you'll find plenty of spares for your bike on there, be careful re:- headlamp as you might end up with a Euro/US spec

Hope everything gets sorted mate, sounds like you need some luck!
Old 30-Aug-2005, 12:49

Thanks, will check it out, what are the differences between the US and Euro headlamps ?

As for fairings, ive been looking at going with race fairings, are there any issues with this? Ebay the best place for those also, or ?

Thanks again