Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 30-Oct-2006, 11:57
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
At the end of the day Rossi winning the championship was in his own hands. He was on pole and he had an 8 point lead in the championship.

No-one made him fluff the start and no-one made him lose the front and bin it. From a guy who rarely makes mistakes he made two that were entirely his own fault and that's what ultimately cost him the title.

I reckon he's great, he's easily the best rider out there but you can't say that it was out of his hands.

Don't forget the crash at Assen and subsequent injuries were his fault too - just bad luck. That cost him dearly.

Totally agree with all of that......
Old 30-Oct-2006, 12:30
Mille

Well Hayden is the world champion, he's just not an awesome rider or race winner... His rookie team mate won and shone more all season!! in a dog fight he was nowhere to be seen. Bayliss won only one less race than hayden and he only turned up for the last race!!! Plus he's got the worst Yank voice i've ever heard...and his winners speech was written by Gwyneth Paltrow, what with thanking god and all that other total ****....Sorry but there's too many yanks on TV telling everyone their great and how things should be done, we don't need another one........rant over....
Old 30-Oct-2006, 13:12
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke2BSteve
Well Hayden is the world champion, he's just not an awesome rider or race winner...

What a load of old shoddy. Nobody gets to ride a MotoGP bike unless they're an awesome rider, and the guy has won races at the top level...fact!

I'm not a particular Hayden fan but there seem to be an awful lot of 'sour grapes' armchair expert Rossi fans having a right old whinge at the moment. You don't get to be world champion at anything in this world if you have zero talent. OK, the guy might not set the world on fire but he's done enough to be in the hunt all season and put himself in a position where he has been able to claim the title - respect has got to be due for that.

All the guy seems to get is mean spirited criticism.

Emotion? Sure I can understand that. Seems to me that if you had spent your life chasing a dream you would be pretty emotional about it as well. He's worked hard for it, his family have scrimped and saved on his behalf and he probably has a flood of gratitude for all the people who helped him get there.

I MC'd the DSC Dinner Dance at the weekend, and I had a big lump in my throat and a crack in my voice just announcing that one of my best friends, Pete Ford, had won the Paul Morton award. Never mind making a speech as a newly crowned world champion - how emotional would you feel and would you be able to string more than two words together?

As far as I'm concerned it was the right result all round yesterday. I had my fingers crossed for Troy all race long - brilliant ride and a fitting reward for a great rider.

As TP said, Rossi's bad luck was all his own making yesterday, an unforced error early in the race. I don't think it was anywhere near the bad luck that Hayden suffered at Pedrosa's hands so in my view everyone has been dealt the same hand.

I'll probably get lynched for this but I'll come right out and say it. I don't like Rossi. Or to put it more accurately, I have nothing against Rossi per se and I do believe he is by far the best rider out there. What I can't stand is all the bum licking, sycophantic 'Rossi is God' hype that the media and his fans peddle. To listen to most commentators and read the press, Rossi can do no wrong. Let's have a small side bet shall we? When MCN comes out on Wednesday I bet all the headline stories will be about Rossi losing the title rather than Hayden winning it.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 30-Oct-2006, 13:16
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Jools, I think that Rossi is God.

Does this mean we're not mates anymore?

BC
Old 30-Oct-2006, 13:26
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Let's have a small side bet shall we? When MCN comes out on Wednesday I bet all the headline stories will be about Rossi losing the title rather than Hayden winning it.

Valid points, well put as usual Jools,

But Rossi lost the title.

Hayden or even Stoner did not put him under the pressure so he cracked and then fell, he simply made a mistake.
The Pedrosa incident is some rewards for the bad luck Rossi had during the year. Rossi threw it away!

My money was on Loris, till Sete stuffed him, at the end of the year how many points was Loris behind 23? without his "team mate" he'd have been well placed to challenge.
I'm just not for rewarding Mr average and putting him up there as a true Champion.
It's not anti Honda/Yank or anything like it, I just think like a lot of people that a Champion should "Win it" and not be "the most consistant runner up in a race."
Old 30-Oct-2006, 13:30
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff st4s
It's not anti Honda/Yank or anything like it, I just think like a lot of people that a Champion should "Win it" and not be "the most consistant runner up in a race."

Strewth, I actually agree with that!
Old 30-Oct-2006, 13:31
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by beancounter
Strewth, I actually agree with that!

Does that mean we can be friends then?
Old 30-Oct-2006, 13:39
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff st4s
Does that mean we can be friends then?

Don't get carried away.
Old 30-Oct-2006, 13:40
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by beancounter
Don't get carried away.

Till the next Pedrosa thread then.

Just sharpening my sword now!
Old 30-Oct-2006, 13:41
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I've been searching all over for easy to read stats of the Podium positions for MotoGP.....turns out I've found a BRILLIANT one for almost every class...period:

However, whilst I'd much of preferred Loris to be wearing the No1 plate - Haydens consistency over the first two thirds of the season has been stunning......but let me guess - thats only because of 'Vale's misfortunes:

http://www.motorsportsetc.com/points/06m_wins.htm

Enjoy!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit