Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Mar-2005, 11:49
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
TBH they don't have a great reputation for trackdays as it is.

The usual comments that are bandied around include:

Nutters on the track
Appalling safety briefing
Poor customer service
Have racers acting as 'instructors' that just use track day to practice, even in novice group.

I can't comment on all of their days, but i have first hand experience of some of these.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 11:52
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I have done one of those "celebrity" days, at that location with i guess that celeb.

I have to say it was a poor day and badly organised, although undersubscribed so lots of track space! which he commented on as "we've lost money today" As if i give a shtt what money he makes!

Id say stick to the commentating!
Old 11-Mar-2005, 11:57
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
The selling point I guess of this company is the ex-wsb/wss rider!

I'd see if this stirs up enough views, and on other forums, like you have said you're not stating anything but the facts, you have it in writing that you have credit with this company, but they are refusing to let you use this credit which in itself is unreasonable.

Inform them of the threads, the view counts etc on each forum posted and see if that will sway them, explain that if they REFUND the money you will delete said threads and/or apologise etc.

All of the hassle and grief this has caused you for 6 months now I wouldn't want to actually do one of their trackdays again, I'd rather give the money to a trackday company who do as they say, and in my view provide a far better service, let alone cheaper also.

If that doesn't convince them, then get Mav to have a word, I'm sure he'll come up trumps, and also get the likes of MCN etc involved, get the masses to see what their business practice is like.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 12:01
everton

Quote:
Originally posted by jpmercer
The selling point I guess of this company is the ex-wsb/wss rider!

I'd see if this stirs up enough views, and on other forums, like you have said you're not stating anything but the facts, you have it in writing that you have credit with this company, but they are refusing to let you use this credit which in itself is unreasonable.

Inform them of the threads, the view counts etc on each forum posted and see if that will sway them, explain that if they REFUND the money you will delete said threads and/or apologise etc.

All of the hassle and grief this has caused you for 6 months now I wouldn't want to actually do one of their trackdays again, I'd rather give the money to a trackday company who do as they say, and in my view provide a far better service, let alone cheaper also.

If that doesn't convince them, then get Mav to have a word, I'm sure he'll come up trumps, and also get the likes of MCN etc involved, get the masses to see what their business practice is like.

This comment is spot on and I agree precisely. I'm sure I know who you are talking about as well and its worth pointing them towards this thread as it reaches a large community.

Also, the MCN idea is good. We should get Michael Neeves to run a survey of track day companies !!
Old 11-Mar-2005, 12:02
everton

Also - start a thread on Visordown - someone will name and shame them and prove it isn't just whinging Ducati owners!!!
Old 11-Mar-2005, 12:04
BSB Star

This is people power. Isnt it strange how we and me are sort of scared to name and shame. If you look at another current thread re an outlet company, we cant all be wrong.

If i ran one of these companies i would want this feed back to change, but a bit like, i dont care if they make a profit or not, they dont care as long as they do make a profit!

Ah, quality of service!
Old 11-Mar-2005, 12:12
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Andy

I will happily name and shame if they do not resolve this. I don't think that I am being unreasonable and I am actually going to be booking another place at the same time so they will be making extra money as well as the credit note and cash on top.

For me a good track day is not just about it running smoothly and safely, its about the whole experience of booking and customer service all round.

Its for this reason that I prefer No Limits days. Mark and his crew are always freindly, helpful, polite as well as the days being well organised and safe.

I appreciate its a difficult industry, however the differentiator is what makes you return to a company and in such a competetive environment customer service is going to be key to this.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 12:15
BSB Star

Toatally agree. I wasnt having a go at you mate, more isnt it a sad indictment on society that we are unable to complain, especially when so many appear to have the same experiences.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 12:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Seems reasonable to me, you need to get on the attack, not just on the track. Attack? Track? Attack? Now I am just rambling.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 14:32
Big Twin

imho, for what its worth, don't wait till monday - name and shame now.

IF, this company is nationwide and as "popular" as is being intimated, then just think about the service that you will be doing for other people about to book a track day.

I can appreciate the frustration or indignation but to threaten the company with "pay me and I'll remove the thread/apologise" frankly doesn't cut it. It's blackmail and it seems a pretty popular choice.

If you're going to name and shame I personally think you have got to stand your ground and relinquish the faint hope of getting your money back - but think about how much money you will save other riders and how many times the "celebrity" will have to utter "we lost money on this".

Wonder how long the celeb will stick around when they don't pay him.

Good luck with getting your money back.