Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Mar-2005, 18:48
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
ps..

i wasn't meaning to have any kind of dig about the 'racer' thing. Just suggesting that as a racer you have a different view to how a track day can and should be used, particularly by people who race. Not a criticism, just a difference of opinion on my part for novice and inters groups.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 18:58
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Weeksy, what would YOU do then? They have £130 of YOUR money and YOU have a credit note to confirm that... but THEY won't now let you use said credit note?

Trading standards me thinks?
Old 11-Mar-2005, 18:58
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I don't agree that you should wait either Lily, they have your money, you are their customer and they are extracting the urine.

Get in there!
Old 11-Mar-2005, 19:59
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Quote:
Originally posted by jpmercer
Weeksy, what would YOU do then? They have £130 of YOUR money and YOU have a credit note to confirm that... but THEY won't now let you use said credit note?

Trading standards me thinks?

Personally having been a retailer for many years I think you are being too kind on them.
You paid money in good faith, you chose to use a credit note than now won't honour I would be demanding my money back.

How did you pay Credit Card? Claim of them and let the bank fight for the refund!
Old 11-Mar-2005, 20:30
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Lily,

Without naming names the well known celebrity is actually a very nice guy, but his partner has a real reputation for selling his granny for a quid, and won't do anyone any favours, unless there's is something in return for him. I believe its him that handles the admin side. This is an opinion that i've heard many people voice rather than me bitching.

Have you had a word with the well celebrity himself?
Old 11-Mar-2005, 20:48
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
personally i've always enjoyed their days... they are a little more agressive than some TD's but that's not always a bad thing....

racers test in EVERY group every session at the moment... it's just the way it is.

I`ve only done one of their days,I know Rooney has done loads,going back to the early nineties.In my opinion/findings I found the breifing the most informative I`ve ever been on,with a sense of "Whit" chucked in,explaining every corner(Cadwell)on the track.I agree with some saying there is an element of "nutters"on track and on the day I was there(dry day)every session bar one was red flagged.I also agree that they are not the best company for novices and would say there fast group would compare to many inter groups with other companys,and there fast group does carry a lot of racers.But this is besides the point,if you feel you have been "ripped off" for want of a better phrase,it doesn`t matter who it is,celebrity racer or not.
I booked a trackday with another company last year,didn`t do that day(my fault, not theirs)rang them after the day and they credited me the money towards Brands GP!
I would be Pi**ed if I was you Lily

Any legal advice avaliable on the forum?

Redruth are you there?
Old 11-Mar-2005, 21:43
Mille

Mood: Meditating
Lilly, I don’t like to hear this sort of stuff about trackday companies, it casts a shadow over the whole industry which is striving to become reputable and customer focused.

So just to put my money where my mouth is, I will offer a Cadwell, Snetterton, Rockingham (national), Brands (Indy) or Pembrey day in exchange for their credit note.

I would just like to make clear that I have no connections with the above trackday company who issued the said credit note, but I don’t like to see Joe public being shafted, especially if they are DSC members.

Come see me at Superbike Sunday at the Ace Cafe this weekend or PM me.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 23:15
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Whele

Thats is a truly generous offer and most appreciated. I will drop you a u2u to discuss.

Shaun
I know a few people that know the partner and have not been complmentary, but as he is the only one that answers the phone I am not certain how to contact the main man.
Having met him at previous track days he is a top bloke, very witty and a nice bloke, but if he lets his partner treat customers this way he will not benefit from trying to pass on his skills and have a good business.

Said partner is just up the road from me and I might discuss this in person if I dont get much of a response.