Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Jul-2006, 18:38
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Diablo Corsa on my 749r. On a recent trackday I managed to get right over to the edge of the rear tyre and touch my knee down during a light rain shower.

Never once gave me the feeling they were going to let go.

Love em.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 20:54
Big Twin

I think you have answered your own question...the diablo's (either the standard or corsa version) have always gone down well on this site, and seem to suit the Dukes characteristics...and the new diablo III's look like they will be the business.

Just need to find somewhere that has any yet?
Old 14-Jul-2006, 21:00
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverobot
not sure that i agree about the 'most tyres are good enough' old chestnut - rather depends on how hard and how often you ride? i am not saying i am blisteringly quick but as i am getting quicker and pushing the bike more i am finding the tyres that i have on currently do not give me the confidence i want as the level of grip and feedback is not there
if i am honest on the roads i ride my 748 - all dales riding - i spend very little time upright!
i do agree that i would not use the supercorsas level of grip on the road but as i use them on my track bike i have them available at no extra cost
i myself have doubts about the heat issue however - on a ractrack 150mph is a world apart from the road however you ride
i have plain diablos on my 600ss and find them predictable enough, quick to turn in and reasonably planted
so are the corsas the same but with more grip?
Standard Diablo's on the road,..fantastic tyres,...I love 'em.Got them on my 999S and the Multi,cant fault 'em.
Cant understand why folks go for Corsa's annd Supercorsa's and the like,....no need!
Ya just said your not blisteringly quick,...standard Diabs will be more than enough.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 21:01
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Diablo and Diablo corsa are fine for the road.

Is getting em shipped then fitted a better bet than taking some loose wheels to the local suppliers??

Ray.

i reckon so ray
seen a pair of corsas for 160ish - not sure if they are the new dual compund but thats a good price whichever
Old 14-Jul-2006, 21:03
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Standard Diablo's on the road,..fantastic tyres,...I love 'em.Got them on my 999S and the Multi,cant fault 'em.
Cant understand why folks go for Corsa's annd Supercorsa's and the like,....no need!
Ya just said your not blisteringly quick,...standard Diabs will be more than enough.

cheers for that - does seem people are very pleased with standard diablos......
Old 14-Jul-2006, 21:05
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv748
I think you have answered your own question...the diablo's (either the standard or corsa version) have always gone down well on this site, and seem to suit the Dukes characteristics...and the new diablo III's look like they will be the business.

Just need to find somewhere that has any yet?

wraybury tryes have some but they are 220 plus post
thats a lot for tyres tbh
Old 14-Jul-2006, 21:14
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverobot
wraybury tryes have some but they are 220 plus post
thats a lot for tyres tbh
Yep,got a pair local supplied and fitted for cheaper than that.(BSD at Eye Green)
Old 14-Jul-2006, 21:20
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Just procured some Diablo Corsa III front and rear for £200 fitted and balanced (which I thought was pretty good -trade). Will be testing them over the next few sunny days. Profile similar to diablo corsas which I prefer to the Michelin saucer type profile - Pirellas seem to have a continuous rounded profile.

Seem to be faily sticky too - judging by the amount of garage floor paint they lifted when I rolled the bike off its stand!!!
Old 14-Jul-2006, 22:07

Mood: Praying for a long dry 2005
I felt the same soon after buying my 748 a few years ago and decided to change the front profile to 70 rather than the OEM fitted 60 and felt much happier. The bike still feels nimble and agile but surefooted as well. I still use diablos by the way.
Old 16-Jul-2006, 16:28
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Well I fitted some Pilot Power CT2's or whatever they are called to the 800ss yesterday.

They're pretty good and feel grippy & stable - much better than Diablos which, I don't like myself. No complaints about them although they got a bit squirmy towards the end of the day on some of the bumpy roads across the north Pennins. Cost me £185 fitted (hello Visa) - not sure they are significantly better than the good old D207's I use on my Triumph though.