Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-May-2005, 22:00
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on

Hi To Duke owners and non Duke Owners.
I have noticed that there are a lot of people on here with 999 problems but lets not forget that every thing can be fixed even if it takes time.
I bought my 999 one week after I got married.
I seen one on our honey moon and the following day me the wife and our Hayabusa went to the Duke dealers. At the dealers I was confronted by a sea of red with the odd splash of yellow (sounds like a good curry) I went out on a 999 with the salesman in tow. After a little time I decide to open her up a little down some country roads, I forgot about Mr salesman and before long, he was nowhere to be seen. So I went back to the dealers to see if he was there. He was there looking a very white complexion with the look of panic on his face. After he had settled down again he asked how I like the bike. As you can tell it was as good as sold.
I paid the deposit and was then told that the bike would be ready in about 4 weeks time (I wanted it now, but due to being the middle of summer and the workshop up to there eyes in bikes I had to wait my turn) So after counting the days down like waiting for Christmas that it was the day to collect it. It was ready. My nice new 999.
I have now owned my 999 for 12 months I have to had the occasional problems but I still love the looks like the day I first seen it.
So come on the sun is coming and I know some of you are having problems but as already said things can be fixed, so let have so more positive posts.
Let see what you have done to your 999's !
Tell us some positive story (please keep it clean or as dirty as you like)
Post some pics of your bike so we all can see your baby
Cheers Steve

[Edited on 26-5-2005 by The Big Red One]
Old 26-May-2005, 23:03
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
Steve.. I love it too..and being Italian I am used to coop with "small problem".. especially on Italian bikes!!! My 999 is not my first Duke, down in Italy my old Monster was eating light bulbs like chips but no any Ducati service shop wer able to fix the problem... still it was a great fast, noisy and tricky bike!!
Now I have a 999 with 850 miles, few months..and a front wheel blocked without knowing why. I am sure it will be fixed soon and I will forget it.. however is nice to have this board also to see how to fix the problem and if anyone else has similar experience..
And yes..I will post some nice pics..when I will be able to move it out of the garage!!
The important thing while buying a Duke is to know well what a duke can be..a great pride and joy and sometimes.. a serious pain in the ass and in the wallet