Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-May-2006, 12:02
Montjuic

S4Rs what are your thoughts

Hi

I have not seen many threads on here about the S4Rs and was interested in hearing from any owners.

For one reason or another am looking into getting one sometime soon to replace the 749R and was intersted in any problems todate. Also how does the performance stack up against the standard 999 and S4R. Has anybody had one on a trackday yet if so how did it perform.

Also has anybody sourced an exhaust and Ohlins damper kit??

Regards

DaveO
Old 31-May-2006, 12:25
Big Twin

There are a few S4RS owners on www.ukmonster.co.uk
Old 31-May-2006, 12:57
500SD

Mood: Relaxed - don't worry about things you can't change
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO749R
Hi

I have not seen many threads on here about the S4Rs and was interested in hearing from any owners.

For one reason or another am looking into getting one sometime soon to replace the 749R and was intersted in any problems todate. Also how does the performance stack up against the standard 999 and S4R. Has anybody had one on a trackday yet if so how did it perform.

Also has anybody sourced an exhaust and Ohlins damper kit??

Regards

DaveO
Taking mine on the UKMOC trackday next Thursday !

I'll let you know.
Old 31-May-2006, 18:10
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I got to "test ride" Mr Logyks S4RS after fitting the exhaust system.........

AWESOME !!! What a hoot and what a bike. Goes well, even short shifting at 7k and handles great.

I need to test it again, just to make sure the exhaust is ok, after it's fully run in!! ............................ please
Old 31-May-2006, 22:20
Montjuic

Hi Nelly

You may remember me popping down one Sunday with the bikes in the van on route to a trackday. Mine was the Gixer 1000k3 at the time and my brother inlaws was the 748R that you fitted the slipper clutch too (Brian's bike).

I chopped the Gixer in for a 749R last yeah but it has been plagued by a stalling problem and I'm currently looking to swap over to the S4Rs. I have always had sports bikes so the monster is gonna be a little different and I just want to get a feel to what the new owners thoughts were.

What exhaust system did you fit to the S4 and did you need to reset the CO etc.

Regards

DaveO
Old 05-Jun-2006, 20:47
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
I am STILL waiting for the exhaust system for my bike having ordered it some time ago and have now become completely disillusioned with my dealer at their apathy over the time it is taking. Wanted the ZARD system but it appears as if that will not be available until next year so I have plumped for the rather less imaginitive Termis instead. I have given the dealer an ultimatum and if they do not give me a delivery date by the end of this week then I am going to source one from elsewhere. I know Logyk got his from Spareshack but I think the only had the one in stock so if anyone else knows where one might be knocking about then please let me know. As for the bike itself I am still getting used to it as it's quite a departure from what I am used to (748s 998s 999s) and in some ways I am not entirely sure I have made the right choice but I will at least give the bike the benefit of the doubt. If not I might well be lured by the new 1200 999 (only wish I had the money for the Desmosedici RR. Christ what a bike that is!)
Old 05-Jun-2006, 20:51
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Radical departure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO749R
Hi Nelly

I have always had sports bikes so the monster is gonna be a little different and I just want to get a feel to what the new owners thoughts were.

DaveO

Me too Dave, yet to be convinced that it is the bike for me but it's saving grace so far is it's grunt. Anything less would seem a little lack lustre after the 999S frankly. I think you will enjoy it but it is hugely different to a full on sportsbike. I will see how I feel about it after I have spent a full summer with it and whether or not I want to keep it or go back to "safe" ground and go with what I know and love best. Faired beasts and clip ons.