Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 23-Oct-2011, 22:30
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

Keyless ignition

I've got an 800ss to race minitwins next season. It has a PC 3 and is still running the original clocks with a key to start the bike etc. I want to run a key less ignition, my question is am I right in assuming that running a PC3 by passes the ECU thus I can just take the key wiring out?

Also is the standard kill switch ok, or do I need a heavier duty one. If so can anyone recommend one?
Old 23-Oct-2011, 23:24
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
No The PC does not bypass anything, all it does it alter the length of the injector pulses coming out of the ECU.
The Transponder in the Key is read by the ariel around the ignition switch and then decoded by the clocks, these in turn send another coded signal to the ECU to allow it to run.
To have the IMMO removed from the ECU costs about £250, then you can run without the clocks and the key, for another couple of hundered quid you could also have the ECU reprogrammed so that you can do away with the powercommander..

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 24-Oct-2011, 09:19
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Or just tape the key to the arial & hide it under the tank doing away with the key/lock barrel.

Or as Skids says get the ECU reprogramed & sell your PC3, It's a better set up aswell.
Old 24-Oct-2011, 10:12
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz
Or just tape the key to the arial & hide it under the tank doing away with the key/lock barrel.

Or as Skids says get the ECU reprogramed & sell your PC3, It's a better set up aswell.

My Transponder from my key and the ariel are sited under the tank on my bike,

Having had two ECUs loose a coil output driver I'm going to stick with using standard ECUs (Preferably Decoded ones) and a PC3 USB
That way I hopefully only need a spare Virgin ECU, although this year I carried spare matching Clocks, Keys and ECU to all the meetings

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 24-Oct-2011, 10:39
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Give me a shout if you need the immobiliser removed and/or your maps reprogrammed as I can do both

/pimp

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 24-Oct-2011, 11:30
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
Immo Removal

Like Antonye, I can remove the immo function. If the ecu is an IAW59M then no probs, if it is an IAW5AM then it is 50 euros for a licence. I'm in West Yorks so a bit nearer to Cheshire. Takes less than 30 mins to do.