Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Jun-2006, 14:26
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
It's £110 for the first 2 races per day not per weekend

Count me out of Saturday altogether then
Old 17-Jun-2006, 14:56
Ducati Meccanica

Cant see why we've been given 2 x 10 laps non points on the Sat. Who's going to bother entering that ? Other than for practice of course. So we're having to pay for free practice now ???
I was under the impression that it was going to be a 20 lapper for one day only. My Confirmation of Dates email says Snetterton 3rd Sept only ( long race )
also Feb update confirmed :

Option A was chosen and therefore there will be one long race at snetteron on the sunday.

So - when was that changed then ? Because I don't have any emails telling me it had!
Old 17-Jun-2006, 15:08
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
It'd be so much better to do a trackday before the meet than it would to enter the saturday races.

The original plan said snet was one long race, so that's what I'll be entering. I'd be a bit miffed if there was no practice/quallifying on the sunday!
Old 17-Jun-2006, 15:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix n max
I was under the impression that it was going to be a 20 lapper for one day only. My Confirmation of Dates email says Snetterton 3rd Sept only ( long race )
also Feb update confirmed :

Option A was chosen and therefore there will be one long race at snetteron on the sunday.

So - when was that changed then ? Because I don't have any emails telling me it had!

Exactly, this gave a overall look to the season with two longer races one at Assen and one at Snetterton, as such these are the two races I hoped to drop, providing DNFs could be avoided.
My engine is now in its second season of racing still in its original state bar a few oil and filter changes. As such I was going to choose to not try and kill it at Snetterton by avoiding doing a 20 lapper. By not entering and both Assen and Snetterton I could give my engine a easier time, stick to my budget and hopefully score reasonable points in every other round.

So No Dom I haven't been drinking as nowhere in my plans did a 20 lap race figure, I found Sneterton last year the least enjoyable DD round that I did.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Jun-2006, 15:51
Ducati Meccanica

Ditto Skids - Max is hardly in his youth either and I was thinking along the same lines as you.

Why have to pay for 2 other classes on the Sat when they were'nt in the line up for this year anyway? Surely if they have all that free time spaces then it would have been better to allocate 2 slots for 583's and 620's to have a seperate grid for each rather than 2 classes not many will enter.
Or just give us 2 races mixed x 10 lap one sat one sunday.

Where's the wall so I can bang my head against it! All this uncertainty and changing is doing the series no favours whatsoever!
Old 17-Jun-2006, 16:07
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Just to add anyway that if the red flag comes out after 10 laps the race is then finished. under acu rules if the race is 50% completed then it can be finished at that point.

we will also be at odds in our camp anyway as i dont want my bikes doing 20 lap races particularly at snett if the weather is hot. but andy and paul both want to do this.

if there is so much time on the sat then new era must provide practice and also qual time on the sunday for the bikes.
Old 17-Jun-2006, 17:21
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
nowhere in my plans did a 20 lap race figure, I found Sneterton last year the least enjoyable DD round that I did.

OK, if I understand this correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong)...

You don't want to go to Snetterton coz you're not keen on the circuit and also don't want to do 20 laps on your bike?

That's fine. You don't have to go.

BUT, you can't then try to influence what happens at that event, just so that it doesn't affect your championship.

It's not the Kev Ellis Trophy you know. There are 40+ people going to Snett, and if anyone should decide what format the meeting runs to - it's them!

I will be making a 600 mile round trip and spending £300+ to attend the Snetterton meeting. If I can get 2 points scoring races on Saturday, or one on Saturday and one on Sunday (or even 4 combined races), then I will campaign for that. It's a long way and a lot of cash to turn up Sunday morning to do 20 laps - which like last year (and at Assen), could turn in to far less.

If you're not going, I don't think you have a voice.

The point of dropping races, isn't so that you can drop Assen and Snett.

You should be rewarded for making the effort and spending the time and money to race in the series - not punished.

Just my 2p.
Old 17-Jun-2006, 17:26
Ducati Meccanica

I thought they weren't points scoring on the sat Dom ?
Old 17-Jun-2006, 17:29
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
I would prefer 2 x 10 lap races snet is renouned for killing engines so shorter rases please.
Old 17-Jun-2006, 17:32
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix n max
I thought they weren't points scoring on the sat Dom ?

They're not - yet!

How many people are going to spend £110 to enter 2 non-points races?

Why not make them points races, it also makes the weekend more worthwhile - IMHO.

We could have 2 sprint races on Saturday, and a long one on Sunday???

OR, 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday - FOUR 10 lap races???

It's a long way to go for a potentially short race - Admittedly it's like Assen, but in Norfolk, without the razamataz or charm

OK, it's nothing like Assen, but it IS a bloody long way to go for one £110 race.

Last edited by domski : 17-Jun-2006 at 17:34.