Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:03
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
3 simple questions

wasnt at snett so can i start the week of with 3 simple questions please?

1. who protested against dom?|
2. what was the reason?
3. and what was the outcome?

nice and easy ones.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:06
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Are we allowed to discuss such matters on this forum? I'm sure everyone involved will speak up if they can.

It was legal btw
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:08
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:09
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
1. I Did
2. (a) I was encouraged to by the RC (b) there were suspisions that the bike was not within the rules
3. The bike was within the rules

That's it, simple as.

It was not malicious or personal on my part, but there were many murmors in the paddock and questions about the bike because it was so quick with Dom on board. It was time to put up or shut up, and the protest was entered.

Thankfully Dom and Chass's bike was found to be within the rules, and fair play to Dom for riding it so well and Chass for preparing such a well put together bike.

We, the riders, the RC and the rest of the club, now know the truth and this should end any more speculation within the paddock.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!

Last edited by antonye : 04-Sep-2006 at 09:16.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:11
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
So the RC asked you to protest and you did ? Who's £250 was used for the protest ?
Surely not DSC money ?

Lets not forget those that missed the SOT race cos the bikes were impounded
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:14
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Not the Race Committee

Who'd have thought?!?!?!?!

Incidently, I have no issues with Antony and I said so to his face yesterday after the result came back.

The race committee on the day were a shower of **** though, PJ wanted an arguement just as we were leaving for race 1. I had to force Chris to shake my hand to congratulate me on my win, and PJ refused to until the strip was done!!!

They didn't even bring the trophies!!!!!

Last edited by domski : 04-Sep-2006 at 09:19.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:27
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
So the RC asked you to protest and you did ? Who's £250 was used for the protest ?
Surely not DSC money ?

Lets not forget those that missed the SOT race cos the bikes were impounded

1. No, the RC did not ask me directly. There were discussions with various riders, and feedback (read: rumours) from the paddock which indicated that there was some suspision about Dom's bike. The RC agreed that if there was enough questions being asked then a protest should be made. I was the only person who was brave (read: stupid ) enough to do that.

2. The protest was sponsored and no club funds were used.

3. No - see above.

4. Apologies for those that were stuck in the paddock, but that is down to New Era and the ACU. Remember that the protest rules are there for exactly this reason - to find out the truth and stop rumours - and it could happen at any time on any bike. The same happens at all levels in all classes from us right up to Honda in WSB, and that is why things have to be so tight from a legal and procedural perspective.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:31
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
1. No, the RC did not ask me directly. There were discussions with various riders, and feedback (read: rumours) from the paddock which indicated that there was some suspision about Dom's bike. The RC agreed that if there was enough questions being asked then a protest should be made. I was the only person who was brave (read: stupid ) enough to do that.

2. The protest was sponsored and no club funds were used.

3. No - see above.

4. Apologies for those that were stuck in the paddock, but that is down to New Era and the ACU. Remember that the protest rules are there for exactly this reason - to find out the truth and stop rumours - and it could happen at any time on any bike. The same happens at all levels in all classes from us right up to Honda in WSB, and that is why things have to be so tight from a legal and procedural perspective.

And that should be the end of it.....for the good of the DD ..... the questions have been asked and Antonye has given his answers.....

lets move on and work together for a better DD series in 2007............

Phil
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:34
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
The whole situation stinks in my opinion - I think that the DD series is worse off because of this.

I heard no "murmors" in the paddock about Dom, yet it seems that a rider has been requested to protest another rider's bike because a non-rider asked him too. Can a non-rider request this???

I thought I was on the race committee but was not aware of any of this.

IMHO this is a personal attack that has been carried out through official channels and has no place in the DD.

Someone's got egg on their face this morning.

I will endeavour to understand the protest procedure fully and report it to all riders.

Thanks to AK, Butch, Chass for stripping the bike and wasting their Sunday evening.

The only good coming from this that I can see is that Dom has proved to be the best rider on a great bike that Chass has lovingly prepared within the rules.

We knew this before, but others (non-riders) it seemed were prepared to put personal agendas ahead of the best interests of the riders.

If I don't get a satisfactory response to my questions, I'm quitting as Rider's rep - no great loss to the powers that be I'm sure. There has been so much **** going on behind the scenes, but this seems to in my opinion to potentially "disrepute" the whole series.

The series should be run for the best interests of the riders, not to meet the personal objectives of a few non-elected individuals. A democracy or a dictatorship?

Tim
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:37
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
1. I Did
2. (a) I was encouraged to by the RC (b) there were suspisions that the bike was not within the rules
3. The bike was within the rules

That's it, simple as.

It was not malicious or personal on my part, but there were many murmors in the paddock and questions about the bike because it was so quick with Dom on board. It was time to put up or shut up, and the protest was entered.

Thankfully Dom and Chass's bike was found to be within the rules, and fair play to Dom for riding it so well and Chass for preparing such a well put together bike.

We, the riders, the RC and the rest of the club, now know the truth and this should end any more speculation within the paddock.

You've now edited your post from "asked by the race committee" to "encouraged by the race committee" .

There will be no whitewash................!!!!

Were you "asked" by the race committee to change this or "encouraged" by them?