Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Jun-2003, 01:29
500SD

I was getting 900 road miles out of supercorsa SC2's. I'm not knocking the race compunds but frankly unless you are in the spinning up the rear category every time you ride then you dont need that level of grip on the road, the most anyone really needs is BT010's which are still THE best hi sport road tyre and ok on track days, they only lose the plot a bit quicker than the 'hyper performance' road/track tyres out there.
I will be using Rennsports for trackdays:
SC2 front and road compound rear. Same tyre as supercorsa but with a bit less tread and more like a slick.
But these will only get you a second or so a lap when really going for it and who gives a s**t on a track day?

Used Rennsports SC1/SC2's last year on my gix1000 during summer and they are very good, i only paid £179 for the combination.
Will be going back to BT010's when it starts to cool down and i'm even thinking of using a 020 rear.

[Edited on 9-6-2003 by chillo]
Old 10-Jun-2003, 02:29
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
SC2\'s

tim from what I have seen of the SC2's at the IOM this last week I wouldn't advise going any softer, we were runing them on the R6 and found they were good for about 370 miles before they needed replacing. this was 10 laps at a average speed of over 110mph. No tyre warmers were used yet after the decent down Bray Hill they were warm enough to cope with both Quarter Bridge and Braddan Bridge without any problems. we were paying £200 for a set of SuperCorsas fitted and Balanced, for a little more we could have them with the tread cut to the edges, which is the safer option in Damp conditions. Last year a cut SC2 was used on the rear of Weeksys old Fireblade at the TT with pretty much the same results. I don't think the SC1 on the rear would last very long at all.
Old 10-Jun-2003, 21:04
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Thanks for the responses......

.....I'll probably give the SC1s a miss then.

What I'd like is the best price for a pair of Supercorsas - I reckon I've gotta couple of weeks to sort this..
Tim
Old 10-Jun-2003, 21:10
Big Twin

Mood: happy
go through the phone numbers in MCN, most of them deliver at no extra cost.
Old 10-Jun-2003, 22:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
If you fancy having Cut Super Corsas (they look like EVO Corsas once cut) try seeing what John Donnan in Ireland will do them for, he's the guy that supplied ours for the TT
www.jdmotorcycles.com