Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Oct-2005, 00:40
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I was thinking of having a black painted frame, but the potential questions at re-sale time put me off. It means your bike has been stripped at some point, and people may think it's been in a heavy crash.
Old 26-Oct-2005, 05:11
Mille

I like black wheels but don't like a black frame, so... I would have to say red frame red wheels. Here's a wheel option for you too...
Old 26-Oct-2005, 08:44
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Quote:
Originally posted by posiden
Davieravie, are they honestly going to strip your bike down completely just to repaint the frame ? and do it all under warranty ? It will be an expensive job to strip the bike and rebuild it all ?
Push your luck and ask for it chrome plated or anodised!

They did with mine Posiden,

Ducati Glasgow had mine stripped down and painted and back together quick smart, very impressive, as soon as i asked about the paint coming away there was no if or buts they just advised to go down the warranty route, next question same as Dave was what colour do you want, that was the hard part.

They will after all be billing Ducati for the hours under the warranty nice little earner if you can get it and the customer is happy too which is what it is all about.

Twinfan,

If you go with the black frame same as the 05 bike most people would not be able to tell the difference, only a real sad spotter would remember there was a difference for the 04.

My suspicion is that Ducati changed the frame colour for more than marketing reasons, they obviously twigged the silver frame and the paint finish in particular was causing them problems, hence part of the reason for the colour change???

Nice bike by the way, where did you get the rear sets from...??
Old 26-Oct-2005, 09:40
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottyB

If you go with the black frame same as the 05 bike most people would not be able to tell the difference, only a real sad spotter would remember there was a difference for the 04.

yellow 05 bikes still have grey frames and wheels , does this make me a real sad spotter ?
Old 26-Oct-2005, 10:31
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Do you want me to answer that Andy????
Old 26-Oct-2005, 10:49
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I was going to say that - yellow bikes don't get black frames, just silver.

I got the rearsets from "electricsheep" I think? They're on the Ducati Leeds website and they're made by Migliore.

[Edited on 26-10-2005 by Twinfan]
Old 26-Oct-2005, 19:53
500SD

Mood: Warmed up and ready to go
Quote:
Originally posted by posiden
Davieravie, are they honestly going to strip your bike down completely just to repaint the frame ? and do it all under warranty ? It will be an expensive job to strip the bike and rebuild it all ?
Push your luck and ask for it chrome plated or anodised!

Exactly what Scotty said....and I bought the bike 2nd hand from Duc Glasgow. The bike was one and a half years old and they gave me another year on top, full Ducati factory warranty. The paint is coming away from the crank cases very badly...new crank cases under warranty...and the frame is starting to show rust through the paint. I know the guy who had it before me and believe me it was immaculate when I got it. Ive only rode a few times on salty roads last year, but it got a good hose down straight after. By the state of the paint on the crank cases, it is def a manufacturing fault....its peeling off like a leper!!!
Old 26-Oct-2005, 19:54
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
I was thinking of having a black painted frame, but the potential questions at re-sale time put me off. It means your bike has been stripped at some point, and people may think it's been in a heavy crash.

Im not planning selling mine at all. Its all paid for and belongs to me. Its going naewhere!!!!!
Old 26-Oct-2005, 19:56
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
I saw this one on a rideout when we met up with the Oxford lads.Loked great IMO.

Now that does look good. Maybe even better with a black frame.
Old 27-Oct-2005, 06:43
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Davieravie
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
I saw this one on a rideout when we met up with the Oxford lads.Loked great IMO.

Now that does look good. Maybe even better with a black frame.
Shame I did'nt get a better pic,the bike looked great.I really like the rear edge of the fairing painted black.