Old 27-Nov-2009, 10:43
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
Translogic Dash

Really fancy one of these

Keefer really rates his, fitted himself

I have no tech skills so........

Has anyone had one fitted in the SE by a dealer or independent who did a great job

Thanks
Old 27-Nov-2009, 11:49
Mille

I had mine fitted at JHP Coventry, mounted on Carbon to match the carbon headlight unit I have. It looks awesome. The dash is superb and Hacket set the gear change lights that illuminate to light up at the maximum time that particular gear is at. Saves over revving.

I really like it. Treat yourself
Old 27-Nov-2009, 11:58
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Without bothering to look, how much are they?
Old 27-Nov-2009, 13:04
Big Twin

I looked into it some time ago and I think that they do not have the odometer and/or trip meter which technically should make them a MOT failure (though in practice they don't really check that). The trip meter is quite handy to have a sense of your fuel range too.

This is why at the time I went for the AIM MXL instead. I went for the Pista but there is a cheaper Strada option. Great build quality and I like the interface very much. Much more expensive than translogic though.

For my 996 (that is going on the road) I am thinking of getting a Race Technologies dash. Does all you need for the road (including high beam, indicators, odo and trip meter, etc). All that for £500. You can even expand it with a data acquisition external unit if you want. Dunno build quality though.

I would stay away from the Magneti Marelli as well. I had one and build quality is very basic (plastic casing when most others are alloy), poor configurability, no odo or trip meter... Only benefit was that they did a plug and play version with Ducati loom. But overrated IMO.
Old 27-Nov-2009, 14:04
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Just looked at the DASH2 from race Technology and it looks the nuts, but I see it has a gear indicator as well, can you hook this up on a 996 to show gearing ?

Really tempting for my 996 at that price. What are the fitting prices ish ?

Craig
Old 27-Nov-2009, 14:22
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
there was a nice dash at the show yesterday on the harris stand
Old 28-Nov-2009, 08:26
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Just looked at the DASH2 from race Technology and it looks the nuts, but I see it has a gear indicator as well, can you hook this up on a 996 to show gearing ?

Really tempting for my 996 at that price. What are the fitting prices ish ?

Craig

No idea about the cost of fitting. Haven't gone out that way yet. Need to get the 996 assembled and running first, Dash will be last thing.

For fitting you may have to get the soldering iron out, take a degree in bike electrics and plan for a few nights in the shed.... at least that's my plan.

Not sure how you program the Gear indicator on the Race Tech. On the MXL Pista, you just give a good run to the bike working through all the gears and it works it out itself based on RPM to speed ratios.