Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Sep-2005, 16:37
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Trackday Triathlon

wow, what a week!

I did CBT all day on Sunday, got home at 5.30 and had 30mins to get ready before being picked up for the trip to Cadwell. A couple of beers on Sunday night and up early on Monday to get set up. Cracking day with very few offs and I did loads of instructing, so was knackered. Also managed a session getting instructed myself from the worlds best instructor, Dave 'Lawsey' Lawes, amazing how that guy can break down what you're doing and put it all back together again.

Got home on Monday night very tired, spent Tuesday in meetings and then home at double quick time on the RVF to get back in the van for the trip to Oulton. Another few beers and a late night before another early start and a very busy day at Oulton - they always are.

We packed up at Oulton and then made our way to Croft for the final part of our Triathlon. More beers and another late night but at least Croft don't start on track until 9.30 so we had a lie-in until 6.30!!! Another belting day with the best of the summers weather I think, very few offs again and everyone behaved. I do like that circuit, well worth the trip north. Very busy day instructing again including one racer in the fast group looking to get his times down, oh dear, here we go. I did the normal two laps with him behind me and every time I looked around he was an inch from my rear tyre, so I wave him through and begger me, he's off like a bullet. I stick with him for about a lap and a half and then give up, too dangerous for me trying to ride at that speed, never mind maintain enough brain capacity to actually observe what he's doing. So at the end of the session I go looking for him to say sorry I couldn't keep up. When I find him, he immediately says to me, you're lines are awesome through the esses, you just left me standing. Well says I, quickly taking a totally different tack, this is what you need to do......had to tell him in the end though.

Met old and new DSC faces at all three, great to see you all again, see you next time.

Anyway, CBT tomorrow, then it's a rest from bikes for a few days until the 4th at Donington. The end of the season is in sight mind you.....soon be time to look forward to Jerez

WeeJohnyB

[Edited on 23-9-2005 by WeeJohnyB]
Old 23-Sep-2005, 17:06
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
That'll be why your dog barks at you as if you're an intruder then
Old 24-Sep-2005, 23:19
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
That'll be why your dog barks at you as if you're an intruder then
Yeah and the kids run away saying "mummy,mummy,there is a strange man in the house!"