Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Feb-2006, 19:36
Montjuic

Mood: Here comes the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crash bungs?

Got the track day bug and I need your advice. Are there any mushrooms that fit my 95 carb 900ss? Or are there any that could be made to fit with some fabrication/bracketry etc. All the catalogues I've seen so far cater for Jap bikes or later Ducs ie 999, 998/6. What do you racers use?
Cheers, Bri.
Old 15-Feb-2006, 20:22

Hi there

Try the following link, it may be what your after.

www.cyclecat.com/S1-1.htm

cheers, Richard

[Edited on 15-2-2006 by rjbrain]
Old 16-Feb-2006, 00:22
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

There is a train of thought that they could do more harm than good - eg transfer damage to frame / mounts.

However, I have some flimsy fairing mushrooms I got from ebay that are really for decoration only I think.

There used to be some good engine mushrooms that replaced the engine mounting bolts - this type seem to be the best engineered - R&G products used to do them I believe.

Frank
Old 16-Feb-2006, 09:59
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
I've got R&G ones on my SL. They didn't fit when I bought them (despite what R&G said at the time) and had to be modified. R&G withdrew the 900SS fitment after my ranting and raving... They're fairly substantial but to poke through the fairing they're quite extended. I'm going to cut down the mounting stud down a little when I put the bike back together. I'm sure they'll work up to a point but eventually they won't...

I crashed from a height before fitting them and it smashed the clutch to pieces, along with the tank, fairing (side and top), bar, footrest etc. I'm sure they wouldn't have saved all the damage but would have reduced it a fair bit.. The biggest saving would have been made through having a billet alloy clutch cover. It would have saved £2-300...

It would be interesting to see some results from the DesmoDue folks who seem to crash more than the average SS rider. I'm sure some of them have crash bungs fitted and others don't. Ali, with or without?

Darren
Old 16-Feb-2006, 11:48
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
I had the flimsy bungs on mine when the pic on the left was taken...

They screw into the standard fairing frame mounts at knee height...

Did they help, yeah I think so...but I did only slide down the track so no opportunity to dig in to the grass etc as people talk about.

Damage was only cosmetic plastics, pipe - easy repair, and lever.