Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-May-2005, 20:03

Two bits for my 600ss

Hi,

Possibly a long shot, but before ordering these bits I thought I'd see if anyone here has them spare and for sale. I'm not sure the correct technical term for either bit, but here's my best description:

* A gold fairing cup, which is the washer that goes between the fairing and the bolt that holds it in place.

* The red bit of plastic that goes behind the fork on the right side. I guess the purpose is to tidy up the bolt holes that are left because the 600ss only has a single front disc.

Cheers,
Rotty
Old 07-May-2005, 22:16
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I think I might have a spare gold thingy. I'll check next time I'm in the garage.

As for the plastic - it's a good reason to upgrade to twin disks

I can flog you a single disk cheap if you want one as I upgraded mine to twin and ended up buying a pair of disks for £60. The 916 master cylinder was £51 and included the lines and a pair of calipers was £43, those too came of a 916 as they're the same 40mm spacing. Works a treat!
Old 08-May-2005, 00:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
I think I might have a spare gold thingy. I'll check next time I'm in the garage.

As for the plastic - it's a good reason to upgrade to twin disks

I can flog you a single disk cheap if you want one as I upgraded mine to twin and ended up buying a pair of disks for £60. The 916 master cylinder was £51 and included the lines and a pair of calipers was £43, those too came of a 916 as they're the same 40mm spacing. Works a treat!

Ditto. Spare gold cups if you need them, go for twin disks. Not too much hassle/expense to do and they look/work much better (not that you strictly need them on a 600 ).
Old 08-May-2005, 01:18
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by ali
(not that you strictly need them on a 600 ).

Maybe not when you've got a single caliper of the calibre of yours
Old 09-May-2005, 11:17

Thanks for the help guys. I'd like one of those gold cups you have - would you like me to send some money and an SAE? If so e-mail me your address.

I'm going to pass on the front disk though. I think it's a good idea as the single disk does fade badly, but I don't know how much longer I'll be keeping it before moving onto something a little more powerful anyway, so I don't want to spend too much. I just called a dealer that's not too far away and they can get the part in seven days and it only costs £12.50 so I think I'll go with that. Thanks for the ideas though.

Rotty
Old 09-May-2005, 11:18
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Rotty,

Will have a dig around in the garage tonight when I get home. It's full of 600SS race bikes and a trailer at the moment so if I'm not back this time tomorrow somebody send help