Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Mar-2004, 19:11
Mille

Lap timer recall on 999 How?

Hello all,
Having had the 999 for a week was playing with the lap timing facility yesterday but could not recall the info.I have read the manual several times but to no avail.
I have tried turning the engine off to recall but all it did was cancel the data.i have killed the engine via the switch and therefore the ign has reained on and finally tried recall with engine on!Does this facility work or is it just a gimmick?
Any ideas!!!!!!!
Old 15-Mar-2004, 10:08
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
it does work but its one of those glorious ducati things that they dont actually tell you how to use!

after you return from a run, turn the ignition off; then to read lap timer hold the right button down as you turn the ignition on again. as all the lights come on the dash release the button and you will be in lap timer playback mode. now just use the left key to toggle through each 'lap'.

be careful not to hold to right button down for too long when turning on ignition as that will clear all the times, i think 10 seconds.

also your top speed on the lap timer is 'true speed' so it will be about 8 pct lower than what you see on your speedo.

for example my speedo was reading over 170 but the true speed was 157. private road obviously.
Old 15-Mar-2004, 10:13
Mille

dickieducati,
many thanks for that i will try that next time i'm out.: