Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-May-2003, 21:47
500SD

Mood: Very happy with the Multi
Had a Demo at last!

Actually managed to get a ride on the Multi today at WM Snell.

Only problem is that while I was waiting for my turn, who rolled up on it? Henners, so I had to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down

First impressions - Bl***y good fun, that's for sure, it really does what it says on the tin!

The high ride position gives an excellent view of the road ahead, over the cars and hedges a treat.

If I start collecting points, I would definately consider one, when I think the 999 is doing 80 it is actually doing 100, when the Strada is doing 60 it feels like 80.

My only criticism is with the instrument binical, I couldn't see it without actually tipping my head down (chin bar obscured the view), if it was put nearer to the screen it would have been visible without tipping my head down.

Can't say that I'm struck on the looks, but then again, some would say the same about the 999

I'm sure that anyone who gets one will be smiling every time they ride it, just avoid shop windows
Old 31-May-2003, 22:25
Ducati Corse

Glad I warmed it up for ya Roy!

Not deeply impressed but I'm a sportsbike rider I guess. Snells are the real deal when it comes to the type of dealer we'd all like to spend money with though. They're happy for it to be ridden and I'm sure - based on the attention I got when I drove past the BMW dealers at Farringdon - that lots of folk will love it. Even got nods from Harley riders ...

[Edited on 31-5-2003 by Henners]