Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Jun-2012, 14:16
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Smile My baby has arrived

I have to say the sound of the full Termi system is awesome.

Just need some dry weather to get out and cause a few avalanches/trigger car alarms and generally qualify for a Sound ASBO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0545 2.JPG (420.7 KB, 118 views)
Old 15-Jun-2012, 14:26
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Nice *thumbsup*
Old 15-Jun-2012, 15:01
Montjuic

Congratulations, fingers crossed for some dry weather this weekend.

Im getting the full Termi system fitted in a couple of weeks time and can't wait. Do you know if it its louder than a full system on a 1098 and did it come with baffles? Im thinking of doing Brands GP circuit in July but it has a 101db noise limit.....
Old 15-Jun-2012, 15:14
Big Twin

Nice photo, congratulations the bike looks great.

I have heard that the Termi system with the baffles in is quieter than the standard system and after hearing a friends bike with the standard exhaust It is very loud.
Old 15-Jun-2012, 15:56
GTL

The system I have (full 70mm) does not seem to have removable baffles. In fact the comparison with my 998R is that it is much louder, deeper etc.,

I have no evidence to know how loud it is, but having heard that the standard system can tip the noise meters over 105dBa, I can only assume the Termis could go higher.

Still, not as loud as my old Rob North Rocket 3 which tipped the Brands hatch tower ride past noise meter at 118dBA ha ha!
Old 15-Jun-2012, 21:45
Bikes: 1199 s

MMmmmmmm - Very nice,
It's just a shame to get her dirty ?
BUT it has to be done - with a bit of luck, Her sister should arrive week Monday,
I never knew a week could be soooo long !
Old 16-Jun-2012, 08:18
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang
Nice photo, congratulations the bike looks great.

I have heard that the Termi system with the baffles in is quieter than the standard system and after hearing a friends bike with the standard exhaust It is very loud.

I looked again at the Termi product description and it seems that it should include baffles so I will chase up Ducati Leeds. I suspect they may be with all the odd bits that are yet to be dropped off such as the stock exhaust and pillion foot pegs etc.,
Old 16-Jun-2012, 14:31
GTL

Yes, turns out the full Termi system does have baffles which just screw into the end can.

Will test one day to see if they significantly quieten the exhaust but for now will continue to rumble loudly across the country.
Old 16-Jun-2012, 14:48
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualtwit
MMmmmmmm - Very nice,
It's just a shame to get her dirty ?
BUT it has to be done - with a bit of luck, Her sister should arrive week Monday,
I never knew a week could be soooo long !

Not taking it out in the rain unless I need to (although have a 300 mile run planned late Sunday & Monday - so possibly will get rained on).

I have to say, that you will not be disappointed when you get your bike. If you follow earlier posts of mine, I was in two minds about the Pani. I had ridden the RSV4 and really loved the engine and could live with its looks. I was less convinced by the Pani's looks and even after two test rides the only bit I still hadn't gotten to like was the looks.
Well now I've got it I am really pleased that I chose the Ducati. The looks grow on you and when you see all the design innovation and detail, you can see why this bike is a real game changer.

If I think back some 13/14 years when I got my first 996 I experienced a similar uncertainty about its looks until I " got it". I think the same is true of the Pani. In fact, with the Pani sat next to my 998R, the geometry and style of the 998 looks really dated (classic and don't get wrong, I still love it - but what a difference).

Because of all the electronic gadgetry on the Pani, it is easy to think that is all that is new and revolutionary. But when you think that this bike is essentially just a huge powerful V twin with seat, tank and running gear just bolted on, you realise this is a huge step forward in minimalist design.

With the free-er exhaust system, the sound and feel of the engine takes on its full character. The bottom end torque that is more controlled with the standard exhaust, is now much more apparent and begins to come close to the 1098 feeling.

For those that miss the mechanical sounds of the 916 to 1198, there are new sounds of the valve gear and chain drive that don't sound to me like any other cam chain driven bike I've ridden before. In short, this is still a Ducati. Its ultra modern, yet there is no mistaking that this is Italian idiosyncratic performance engineering at its best.

So, having obviously fallen in love with it - let's hope it doesn't strand me on the hard shoulder when I'm out tomorrow :-)
Old 16-Jun-2012, 16:47
Bikes: 1199 s

Nooooo - it won't let you down Stealth,
Called in dealers today (was working up that way)
Termi's and tinted double screen ordered, (unfortunately NOT the full system) I think I've taken the pi*s enough with the bike and termi's ? @er who has to be obeyed would NOT see the logic in the full system (or the cost) !
Good news is - it "could" land at the dealers earlier, (mid next week) but, I'm not building my hopes up AGAIN ?
£44 to up-grade insurance for the rest of it's term (until November)
It just gets better
I feel like a kid feels leading up to Christmas (and I'm 56) !!!!

I did notice a lot more noise coming up from beneath the tank when I test rode the demo, and the heat from the R/H side in town/traffic, but - what the hell, keep out of towns and pass traffic is my answer !

To be up-dated Gents, sooner rather than later - I hope ?