Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 20-Jan-2011, 00:11
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Oulton is only 2 races as its only Saturday racing and having all 3 races at the two meetings as point scoring and only counting the best two results towards the total is already a consideration.
But doesn't really offer anything new to the series just another race for poiints as opposed to a race for Grid position and effectively means its drop 3 race results and not two, but yes it is a consideration.

As for comments about faster riders having to come from the back if they have a poor outcome to the quallifying (that would be Dallas at Brands last year then) race, no doubt this season with longer races there will be more passing of slower riders by faster riders doing battle with each other for race/podium positions. So hope thats not going to be to much of an issue

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 20-Jan-2011, 00:22
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Sorry Kev, I think I meant Anglesey.... So 3 exta races, drop 3 results.... Anyone could then miss any round without penalty.

I don't think any of the races are more than 5laps longer (Brands at about 15 laps, from memory). Not exactly all the time in the world if you lose 15s on the first lap.
Old 20-Jan-2011, 08:29
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
Sorry Kev, I think I meant Anglesey.... So 3 exta races, drop 3 results.... Anyone could then miss any round without penalty.

I don't think any of the races are more than 5laps longer (Brands at about 15 laps, from memory). Not exactly all the time in the world if you lose 15s on the first lap.

that racing, no second chances