Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
View Poll Results: shall we have a cooling off period until the 18th nov meeting and have an amnetsy?
yes 45 81.82%
no 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-Oct-2006, 15:32
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
As per the meeting thread if people want to discuss something at the meeting they can send it to me for inclusion in the agenda
Old 23-Oct-2006, 15:36
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
i was using the term amnesty purely relating to events that have already taken place:

"also how about an amnesty?"

"forget what happened; who did what to whome; reinstate all banned/moderated members; halt all 'investigations'; wipe the slate clean; have the meeting; let everyone air their views; improve the series and move on."

it was really just an attempt for everyone to say, "its got stupid, let bygones be bygones and start afresh"

i would hope that with 90% in favour of this option the MT would embrace it.
i know most of the MT have read it and would hope a 'collective MT' statement could be posted.

i am fully aware each MT member may have their own individual views.

Exactly how I saw it, MT need to postpone any action against individuals over this until after the meeting on the 18th when they can decide if its needed and similarly any member with issues to raise mails them to Claire for inclusion, not post them on here.
Old 01-Nov-2006, 11:41
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Exactly how I saw it, MT need to postpone any action against individuals over this until after the meeting on the 18th when they can decide if its needed

agreed

Quote:
and similarly any member with issues to raise mails them to Claire for inclusion, not post them on here.

sent
Old 13-Nov-2006, 22:54
500SD

So, given the large number of people who signed up to the proposition: "We stop posting about DD issues. The MT reinstate all banned/moderated members and halt all 'investigations'"

... and, in light of recent events, how do you think the actions of the MT reflects on their consideration of the wishes of the membership?
Old 13-Nov-2006, 23:09
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally
So, given the large number of people who signed up to the proposition: "We stop posting about DD issues. The MT reinstate all banned/moderated members and halt all 'investigations'"

... and, in light of recent events, how do you think the actions of the MT reflects on their consideration of the wishes of the membership?

The only problem is that this online poll is not respresentative of the membership as a whole, nor is it representative of the online membership as this poll is open to anyone - member or not.

I presume nobody has actually proposed this to the MT through the proper channels? It's not the MT's fault if nobody can be arsed to do it properly...

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 13-Nov-2006, 23:24
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseered
So the week before THE meeting to which only MEMBERS are allowed, a couple of outspoken members have alledgedly been ousted, thus no longer allowing them to be present at THE meeting. Am I right in also thinking that this is after the cut off date for questions to be forwarded to Lily for inclusion in said meeting ?

Cut-off date was 8th November, that was last week, so no reason why their questions are not going to be aired at the meeting if they have sent them in as per the instructions?

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!