Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-May-2005, 12:44
Dibble

How not to end a track day .. very funny ..

This was written by my mate after yesterdays trackday.

My Journey home from Cadwell.

By Chazhead, aged 35.

Journey to Tel's house was no problem whatsoever, bikes still upright and safe and we got Tel, Ange and bike all safely off. Head on to the republic, at the very last R/A before the pink house, this is around 10:30pm, I hear a loud bang from the back of the van. Upon inspection Archies bling mobile is on it's side in the back of the van with a smashed screen, other damage looks minimal in the dark but inspecton today will tell the full story.

The reason for the bike fallen was one of the tie-downs securing it to the van wall snapped, how ****ing unlucky??

Anyway, we unload the gixer and Archie is sitting on the bike on th epavement getting ready to roll it down to the house, now it can only be down the late hour of the evening, but he get soff the biek and goes to put it on it's sidestand without the stand being down, the bike clatters down onto the oppersite side it had fallen onto in the van and Archie tumbles out into the middle of the road, he stumbles to his feet just as two cars come whizzing by, 2 seconds later on the tumble and he would have fallen into the path of the cars.

So, with Archie and Gixer back upright, we are preparing to unload Spicey's ZX6 when Greg notices that her right hand peg hanger is snapped, the gixers clip-on hit it on the way down. Now remember Spicey is meant to be riding home to south somwhere.

After a bit of initial head scratching, Kate suggests we raid Archies magic box of bike bits as there may be a spare peg assembley in there, and lo and behold, there is.

A quick check of the holes and it looks good and Greg and myself get to fitting it, only to discover at the very end that the two mounting holes are out by about 3mm, gutted.

So we pack up all the spare bits and tools and get ready to unload Spicey's bike so as the RAC can be called in the morning. I start manouvering the bike ready to roll back onto the tail lift where Greg is waiting to guide the bike back, next thing we know there is a screech of brakes and we are being screamed at to step away from the bike and to get out of the van, I turn round to see a copper, with his hand on his night stick shouting at me to drop the bike, I say I cant and he shuts at me again to drop the bike and get out the van. I push the bike away from me to try and ge tit onto it's stand and I walk out onto the tail lift, I glance back to see spicey's bike fall over onto it's side.

By now, Dez is screaming at the 3 coppers, who had been called out as some people were 'stealing' motorbikes, that we were infact unloading them.

<more to come but I have a meeting, back soon>
Old 24-May-2005, 13:02
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Oh god - I could imagine very moment of that !
Well written dibble.

I get laughed at cos I put at least 2 straps each side !
That lot was 'more than unlucky' though.

(I would have loved to hear that copper shouting 'get away from the bike' though)
Old 24-May-2005, 13:04
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by phil_h
Oh god - I could imagine very moment of that !
Well written dibble.

i cant take any credit, it was writte by my mate Chas ... but sooo funny ...
Old 24-May-2005, 13:21
Montjuic

Mood: Always happy on my Ducati
If I did not feel so sorry for you guys I'd fall off my chair laughing. At least the Police got off their butts and acted on info though - although incorrect!

Paul
Old 25-May-2005, 00:05
Montjuic

Mood: Donkey on the edge!!!!
bejesus lmao