Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:03
Big Twin

Who\'s doing which TD\'s when/where???

I know, I know we have a TD calander, but I don't think its being fully unitlised by members for one reason or another...so I was wandering if there is a better way of doing this.

I for one have a better day when other DSC members are at a TD for a chat and a banter throughout the day. So I'm now thinking about doing a few this year and booking up, and wanted to find out when/where other members are going...and finding it actually quite dificult to find any one source of this info, which really shouldn't be that difficult to put together in one place.

So, is there a simple way that we can just start a thread that people simply add their name/venue/date to for the next couple of months ahead. And the details should be added when the member has CONFIRMED they are going to attend (ie, they've paid!).

So for example start a thread in the TD section titled:

Member trackday dates for April/May...in which we simply have a heading for April and one for May, where peeps can add their names/date/venue to the month in question.

Simple and to the point. See Example below...

Comments?

[Edited on 22-3-2006 by Harv748]

Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:06
Big Twin

Member trackday dates for April/May

For example:

Arpil

Harv748/Donington/3/4/06/No Limits

May

Harv748/Brands Indy/12/5/06/Focussed

...and then just cut and past your name details into the list when you have a confirmed date.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:11
GTL

Nice idea. Threads usually pop up near to the date to ask who's going to a particular event, but getting some forward notice would be good...I'd certainly be more likely to book a date if I knew there were a bunch of DSCers going
Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:14
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Yebbut ... why not just put it into the calendar if you're going to type it out here?

You can search for name/date/track, view a month's worth, add a reminder into your Outlook calendar, get the link to the trackday organiser's website, and so on.

http://www.ecom-secure.co.uk/dsc/calendar/
Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:22
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Yebbut ... why not just put it into the calendar if you're going to type it out here?

You can search for name/date/track, view a month's worth, add a reminder into your Outlook calendar, get the link to the trackday organiser's website, and so on.

http://www.ecom-secure.co.uk/dsc/calendar/

Don't get me wrong Antony, I think the calendar is a great idea, but it has one key problem, in that no-one appears to really be using it.

How many DSC members did TD's last year? How many of those put the details down on the calendar? Only a very small proportion.

Its not that the calendar itself is the problem, its just that people tend to take the path of least resistance through life, and if that means just posting their name into an ongoing and developing thread, I think more people would do it. I'm an avid user of this board, but I didn't use the calendar last year. I couldn't find the link for starters...but maybe thats just me.

People use this board daily and would see the thread being updated regularly...thats got to help.

JMHO

Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:30
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Fair enough.

I just think if people can be arsed to post here, they should be arsed to add it to the calendar.

Apathy is the problem!
Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

FYI - there were 100 events entered for 2005.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:32
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

..and so far we have 15 for 2006.

I know CK has added the Cadwell trackdays (thanks!) so I will add the others too.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:41
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
yep sorry im one who doesnt post on the calendar. dont know why just find it easier to post date of trackday up here and see who post up too.

how about stickies in the trackday section one for each month then people can just cut and paste in chronological order any dates they are doing and add their names if they wish?
Old 22-Mar-2006, 13:41
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
FYI - there were 100 events entered for 2005.
I appreciate that, but if you also pick a month at random from last year (say July 2005) when there should in theory be LOADS of entries from DSC'ers attending TD's all over the place...there are only three members that have entered anything...only three doing TD's in July??