Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Feb-2005, 22:51
Mille

Mood: For Sale...
Like your style tony dude, keep up the good work.

I wish I had your skills fella!
Old 25-Feb-2005, 22:58
500SD

Care to share the details of the mods,any pics
Old 25-Feb-2005, 23:32
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.

Mmmmmmmmmm,

Yep see your point mate. Some people like and want termis. Other people like yourself want to adapt their standard cans and save a whole load of wonga.

Like you have stated, you get to spend money on track days. Nice one.

Each to their own is the standard saying I think.

DC.
Old 25-Feb-2005, 23:59
Mille

If you get stopped with them and they test them you will get a very lige fine for doing it so thats the money you saved gone should have spent it on a propper set of pipes in the first place
Old 26-Feb-2005, 00:06
Mille

Mood: Big bill-money well spent
tony
I have thought about doing this mod for the same reasons as you.
I don't want to spend a load of cash on some burbery coated bullshit cans just so I can be in with the lads and I want to keep the appearance of the bike standard (ok so i've got black wheels) so the origional cans look fine to me.
I would appreciate some detail of how you did it.

Cheers.
Old 26-Feb-2005, 00:10
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello

tony h fair play to you mate. .

Just out of intrest how would you know if your Termi's were needing repacking, sorry what are the tell tell signs. . . that the end cams are on the way out.

regards

TopiToo
Old 26-Feb-2005, 00:12
Mille

Mood: Built for comfort, not speed
Quote:
Originally posted by tony h
why buy 45mm termi open cans . ive reworked my standard 996 cans by using the standard ends & aluminium sleeve dont get me wrong its not as simple as it sounds but now ive got road legal stamped race cans with new stainess steel internals for a fraction of the cost of second hand ones if anyones interested let me know ?

Did the same years ago on a 916, no probs with cops or MOT, bought it like that officer . I really can't understand all the negative posts on this , hope its not elitist b*****t coming out of the woodwork again
Old 26-Feb-2005, 00:48
Ducati Corse

Of course it is. Has anyone ever been tested by the Police or anyone else? MOT stations dont have noise testing equipment, i'm sure the Police dont either. Even if they did you are looking at a £30 rectification notice. I've never heard of anyone being done for "perverting the course of justice" Oh yeh, a set of termis for £500 plus will give you the 3 or 4 extra horspeower that you really need dont you? Or like the others have said, is it really a case of letting everyone know how much money you have? I guess designer clothes and £200 oakley sunglasses fall into the same category.

If its pose value that you want then i can tell you that i've had loads of people come and ask me why my bike sounds so good on standard cans when they have paid hundreds for some fancy system to get the same results.

I wouldnt hesitate on doing the same mods to the next bike i own so well done Tony H.
Old 26-Feb-2005, 00:51
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by tony h
why buy 45mm termi open cans . ive reworked my standard 996 cans by using the standard ends & aluminium sleeve dont get me wrong its not as simple as it sounds but now ive got road legal stamped race cans with new stainess steel internals for a fraction of the cost of second hand ones if anyones interested let me know ?
Hi I have just been reading through this thread and would like to just confirm a few details

1/ Speaking for myself I believe Carbon Termi race pipes do LOOK and sound much better than standard cans.

2/ I also like to ride my bikes hard within my own limits, and I would imagine that most Ducati riders would not notice the 1 2 or 3 BHP they will gain by there installation, so until you get in to bigbor race pipes and engine tuning its purely a looks/sound thing is it not?

3/ Race rep is the term used to describe our chosen steeds and the standard cans are probably the first single (or double) step in the list of very desirable tuning see individualising our own bike.

4/ It seems there was a lot of animosity from opposite ends of the spectrum on this but surely you seem to be happy with the sound you crate where as others want to look cool at the pub.

5/ you ask if anyone is interested in this mod but could you tell us weather this is to share your knowledge with us or as a service that you can provide at a cost

6/ we are talking about a beautiful looking bike to start with So how you say you don’t want to keep up with the Jones’s BAFFLES me because an’t we doing that by owning one it the first place.

7/ I hope this lets you know that having the opinion that Termi cans Look the Bo***cks is not a personal affront to your obvious engineering skills

8/ A full service on one of these things will cost substantially more than a set of second hand cans, so to be flippant with the costs of Ducati ownership for us less talented engineers, becomes a standing joke not a boast

Good luck to you fella hope to see you on the road eye to eye although you won’t see my eyes coz I still wear a black visor, small number plate and race pipes, coz they look cool down the pub
and I still get an M O T
Old 26-Feb-2005, 01:26

lots jumped the gun there eh!but aka .erics asked the question at last details ! right then .i,ll try & explain briefly 1)strip cans so all your left is two ends & ally sleeve(2) get perf tube as if your makin a race can but split it & spigot it half way (3)weld outlet side perf to outlet plate (will need to make another angled spigot for this)other half of perf slides on inlet spigot (4)now were all the rivets were tigweld 6mm nuts on insde of end plates must all bolt together (5)bolt outlet end on & re pack. bolt inlet end on & hey presto race can. but why did we split the perf (are you reading mr-s/albie)for mot/or live next door to mr- s.remove inlet end & packing look inside your can & you,l see half the perf stickin up (now the trick part) you need to make a baffle plate same profile as your can. get the centre & weld on two drilled tubes 160 long (not to many holes)& make sure they slide over your perf . now either side of your tubes you need two 25mm holes . slide assembly into can DO NOT PACK & bolt end on hey presto baffled very restrictive (road/mot/mr-s/police/fruad squad/aint got to look on ebay can)