Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Feb-2005, 21:16
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
helmet help please

i have also listed this in the amrket place but feel it best to ask you knowledgable guys first

last year i bought the agv valencia rossi rep and am not overly impressed with it compared to my old so i was thinking of getting a plain arai and the having it sprayed red with the white ducati stripes to match my 748 until a mate suggested the red roof as a option. has anyone on here got a roof helmet or worn 1 and also what price should i expect to pay and wheres the best price to buy from. how comfy are they and whats the fit/noise like them and how easy is it to change/replace the visors on it

cheers in advance

dave

p.s. does anyone want a good condition agv with standard/black visors and rossi decals?? if so please u2u
Old 19-Feb-2005, 21:30
Mille

Ive tried them on but was not impressed with them at all

I have an arai rx7 rr and had it painted. but if i was to swap my lid id look at the shoei xspirit of shark rsr but that is it.

Go for the arai
Old 19-Feb-2005, 21:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
yeah i would love the arai but im getting married so only have the cash form the sale of the rossi lid to cover a new 1,shoei dont fit my head and the sharks are hardly ever reduced to my range.

how much did your paint job cost and what did you have done, any pics ?
Old 19-Feb-2005, 22:41
500SD

Mood: Smiles
Hi, roof helmets do tend to be a bit noisy, shame you weren't impressed with the rossi one, as I'm an agv fan, it wouldn't be worth having your inner cheeks and headling replaced would it? It's fully removable on your helmet..

I was going to suggest Shoei too, but if that doesn't fit, then maybe you could try helmet painting anyone that fits providing it's not the cheap poly one that you buy.. I know someone that would do it for you, but I now see you live in Cornwall, so guess that's out of the question...

Incidently, have you tried more than one AGV or Shoei on, as you know they have different head shapes within their range, and it's so easy to rule a brand out if you've only tried just one! maybe try again...

good luck
Old 19-Feb-2005, 23:12
Mille

Yer here a couple of pics
and it cost me £135
Old 19-Feb-2005, 23:12
Mille

And another one for you
Old 19-Feb-2005, 23:36
Ducati Meccanica

very nice mate

i like it, i like it a lot

melnie, thanks for your tips, yes the cheekpads have been changed its just too big on the chin and my ears have a real bad ring in them after about 45mins riding, all my mates who have owned agv will never go back although a guy i worked with swore by them

have tried a lot of shoei's on but to no good, i beleive in spending good money a lid as it does protect whats supposedly the most important part of me. i think it could be the custom route with an arai if i dont get much positive feedback about roof
Old 20-Feb-2005, 00:19
Big Twin

I have a arai and have had Agv and shark in the past and they were all quiet.

But i do always wear ear plugs
Old 20-Feb-2005, 00:28
Ducati Meccanica

tried the old ear plugs today and i dont like them, my ears just dont fit well into the agv and no i dont have big sticky out ears before you ask

right then she be going on fleabay tomorrow
Old 20-Feb-2005, 09:51
Mille

Mood: Erratic
I've always had Shoei, the main reasons I originally went for them was that the bit that goes in front of the jaw is slightly lower on the Shoei compared to the Arai giving you a slightly better range of vision, and the police use them, if there as mad on H&S as our lot then that’s got to be a good advert.
But I have noticed that the latest Shoei helmets are not as quite as the older models, I now have to ride with ear plugs where as I never use to, so I think I will be giving an Arai a go next.