Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 12-Mar-2011, 22:22

999 owner.

Hi, i've bought a 999 and i love it, sounds fantastic and looks superb.

Really low mileage, 3300 miles and owned by a vicar by the looks of things, it's mint and just perfect.

I've been out of biking for 6 years and i'm really glad i got back into it.

cheers

andy
Old 12-Mar-2011, 23:15
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Welcome Andy, as you're buying I'll have a cup of hot chocolate, thanks!

Excellent choice of bike, but then I may be biased. Try and get the suspension adjusted if the bike hasn't already be fettled, the 999 is a bit slow-steering with standard setting. Some folks will suggest you change the standard 36-tooth rear sprocket to a 39 or so - I've just done this on mine and it's absolutely amazing, revs just right in town and accelerates like a mad-bugger

Previous/other bikes? Go on, you know you want to
Old 12-Mar-2011, 23:25
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Welcome Andy, JD & Coke please

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 13-Mar-2011, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
Welcome Andy, as you're buying I'll have a cup of hot chocolate, thanks!

Excellent choice of bike, but then I may be biased. Try and get the suspension adjusted if the bike hasn't already be fettled, the 999 is a bit slow-steering with standard setting. Some folks will suggest you change the standard 36-tooth rear sprocket to a 39 or so - I've just done this on mine and it's absolutely amazing, revs just right in town and accelerates like a mad-bugger

Previous/other bikes? Go on, you know you want to

I did a lot of riding today and i the slow town riding did get on my nerves, i'm definately going to change the rear sprocket as the standard one, as you rightly say, isn't up to slow speed riding.

I was out of biking for 6 years and my previous bike was a '99 R1, before that an RSV (that's where my love of twins came from), before that was a ZX-9R, before that a ZXR750 J1, before that an FZR 600, before that a ZXR400 and a few other little ones in the past, i've been riding bikes since i was 13 ( 1st road bike was a Honda MB50 which i went to school on, then a MT50 because i liked to go on the lanes, then a GP100, an MTX125, TS125 and my favourite bike was a RGV250 which i crashed after 2 weeks !!!) - then onto bigger things.

But i've always wanted a Ducati but never had the right money to own one, fortunately i do now and i wanted a low mileage one, mine has done 3300 miles and had one owner so i'm pleased with what i've got.

Another thing i don't like is the clutch, when it's hot you get the "groan" when pulling away, i'll clean the clutch plates next week but i will be getting on open clutch cover to help it along.

cheers

Andy

Last edited by Mr_Duke : 13-Mar-2011 at 18:20.