Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Apr-2005, 16:31
Montjuic

Mood: dusty!
Quote:
Originally posted by Lily

Anyone coming to say hello?

Yeah as its just up the road, and can do a run to aylesbury ducati if needs be!

Mind you halfords still dont do red hammerite yet but i will have a tin of black with me should you require touching up!
Old 11-Apr-2005, 16:48
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
its fully booked out...that's why it does not appear on uktrackdays

its a great track i think and at 95 quid on a sunday its a steal....

ideal smooth flowing track to bed the 53bhp big bore in.!!!

Phil

ps..yes domskimslow is going and taking a 748 so he can keep up.........PAH..

[Edited on 11-4-2005 by fil2]
Old 11-Apr-2005, 17:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
MBS if the rest of my week goes as planned then I may be up for a visit to both Ducati Aylesbury and Silverstone where I can have a look at the competition, although most of them have gone the bigbore route so they're not really my competition for the best 583cc bike
Old 11-Apr-2005, 17:16
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
MBS if the rest of my week goes as planned then I may be up for a visit to both Ducati Aylesbury and Silverstone where I can have a look at the competition, although most of them have gone the bigbore route so they're not really my competition for the best 583cc bike

its only me and Ali...and we are both running in the big bore's..not an ideal place to spy the comp skids

Phil
Old 11-Apr-2005, 17:18
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Sabotage then
Old 11-Apr-2005, 17:25
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Sabotage then

arrrrrrrrrr now the truth is out........

" no 1 is fast with 9psi in the front tyre "

Phil
Old 11-Apr-2005, 18:54
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
skip this, looks unlikely I will be there afterall
Old 11-Apr-2005, 18:58
Montjuic

Mood: dusty!
Quote:

Cool mate will be at ducati aylesbury around 945am see you there mate, then on to silverstone!
Old 18-Apr-2005, 12:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
What a fantastic day. After a week of watching the weather forecast predicting doom and gloom it was great to wake up and see a clear blue sky on Sunday morning.

Dom + brother Dan and I had all stayed at Fil & Kelly's, having been well fed by the Fordie Special Chips Delivery Service. I felt sorry for the BHC guys in the morning when everything was covered in a good layer of frost... I know Fordie can be a hard master when it comes to early starts so there must've been some cold riders when they got to Grafham!

It was still bloody cold when we got to Silverstone, but the lack of clouds and the heat from the sun said it was going to be a blinder. My DD bike had been making some pretty severe clanking noises on tickover so I was planning to run it gently for a session and then take a view on how it sounded....

Sundays at Silverstone now mean all three groups do their sighting laps at 09:00 in quick successsion to keep the noise down before 09:30, and there's a 'church break' with no bikes on track between 10:50 and 11:10, so we were chomping at the bit by the time a decent session came on. Dom's 748 had suffered an early gearbox problem so he'd shifted a group and would share fil's & my bike for the rest of the day. Fil & I had each done one session of 'running-in' (is 7000rpm still counted as running on a bike that peaks at 7500???) and the track had warmed up nicely for the second full session. We'd already decided that it was about time we got into race mode, so the rule book went out the window (along with any mechanical sympathy) and it was Game On!!!

The next 16-odd laps were flat-out, ten-tenths, slip-streaming, tail-wagging, leg-aching brilliance. We swopped position several times, but never strayed more than a couple of bike lengths and, as Dan said when we came back in, "you could've thown a blanket over the pair of you". If this is the way DD is going to be then get ready for some seriously close racing!

Driving home afterwards I felt completely calm, physically exhausted, but really happy with the way the day had gone. We'd stopped a session early in order to stop fatigue driving us towards the kitty litter (something I've been meaning to do on previous TDs), and the bikes had shown that despite the lack of top-end they were capable of reeling in much quicker bikes, even on a fast sweeper like Copse. All we need now is another 20bhp...

Cheers,

Ali
Old 18-Apr-2005, 12:56
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Excellent. I'm getting more and more gee'd up to go racing now. Good to see you all stayed rubber side down and had a great time.

Woohoo!!!!