Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jun-2006, 00:06
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
martin, i've just realized I lifted a whole load of stuff on 94/96 link chain from Shazaam off speedzilla ages ago its in upnorth's tech library

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/tech/gearing.php
Old 07-Jun-2006, 00:07
Big Twin

so he has but they both run 94 link chains !

I had my track fairing kit on last week and had plenty of clearence!

Do you have a hugger fitted and does tyre run close to it ? if it does then your adjuster is in the wrong position !!!

Old 07-Jun-2006, 00:12
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
sorry I usually work on about 10mm for diameter, its not exact as different tyre/rims and tyre profiles /rim widths also affect it. it is 4mm radius which is whats important.
Old 07-Jun-2006, 00:42
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGE996
so he has but they both run 94 link chains !

I had my track fairing kit on last week and had plenty of clearence!

Do you have a hugger fitted and does tyre run close to it ? if it does then your adjuster is in the wrong position !!!

No there is plenty of clearance between tyre and hugger. The adjuster is in the right position working in the right range but just not far enough in that range to get the wheel far enough back when the chains at correct tension. In my tinkering I have had the eccentric far enough round that it works in the other half of its range. ie it then means you have to turn the adjuster clockwise instead of anticlockwise to tighten chain. Its in that wrong position that ride height is massively reduced and tyre touches hugger.

I'm still unsure why Shazaam has rear sprocket listed as 35 teeth when as far as I can see everone else has it at 36 teeth. Of course if it should be 35 and not 36 that will account for a proportion of the shortened wheelbase.

Is your fairing one of Barrys? Am happy with what he sent me and I know theres nothing wrong with it and would recommend his stuff to anyone. It wasnt a case of his fairing didnt fit but more a case of my bike didnt fit his fairing. Its exactly the same stuff as everyone elses but I'm the only one whos had trouble because of my too short wheelbase.