Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Oct-2006, 23:07
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
i don't think anyone really knows how much time and effort was put into getting as far as we did but ti still needs more

It would appear that you need infinate time and effort to get precisely nowhere.

Which is a shame really. Think how great this club COULD be with the right people doing the right jobs!

Good luck Tim if you decide it's worth it - I for one will appreciate your time and effort.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 23:21
Big Twin

I aint in the dd nor am I a member of the DSC anymore but the MT and by the sounds of it, the RC are a tight group that have very bad hearing

Perhaps you need to be a member of the special hand shake club

I do remember someone trying to shake up the running of the club but he resigned !

I vote Henners for PM (especialy as he has a GSXR now)
Old 09-Oct-2006, 23:25
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"It would appear that you need infinate time and effort to get precisely nowhere" you forgot patience Dom, you need infinate time, effort, and patience to get anywhere-you then need the understanding that having got where you were trying to go you will have a load of barrack room lawyers who will climb all over you and rubbish your efforts because you didn't end up where THEY wanted to go. Of course had you ended up where they wanted to go just as likely another load of barrack room lawyers would be climbing all over you saying how you had got it wrong. It's called Catch 22-and then people wonder why no-one wants to do anything. Of course all the barrack room lawyers are far to busy to actually DO anything constructive-it's much easier to pick holes and rubbish other peoples efforts-which is why I am resigning from the MT at the next AGM.

John-more in sadness than in anger.

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 09-Oct-2006, 23:27
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
"It would appear that you need infinate time and effort to get precisely nowhere" you forgot patience Dom, you need infinate time, effort, and patience to get anywhere-you then need the understanding that having got where you were trying to go you will have a load of barrack room lawyers who will climb all over you and rubbish your efforts because you didn't end up where THEY wanted to go. Of course had you ended up where they wanted to go just as likely another load of barrack room lawyers would be climbing all over you saying how you had got it wrong. It's called Catch 22-and then people wonder why no-one wants to do anything. Of course all the barrack room lawyers are far to busy to actually DO anything constructive-it's much easier to pick holes and rubbish other peoples efforts-which is why I am resigning from the MT at the next AGM.

oops was it something someone said ?
Old 09-Oct-2006, 23:31
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty

Yeah. Whatever. Probably best we just do nothing then, at least that keeps everyone picking holes.

Incidently, I've offered my help on several occasions - but the MT want to have total control over any help offered. I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. Maybe if every decision on every subject didn't have to be run past the MT when they can all get in one place at one time to discuss it, then progress could be made. It would appear though that nobody can be trusted, so we continue to get precisely nowhere, no matter how much time, effort AND patience we all have.

Enjoy the quiet life John.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 23:55
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Quote:

BULLLCHEEEESE!!

It seems that Mr Bushell is highly adept at interpreting the law, as slippery as it and he both seem to be, so let him answer those questions, As for people being more willing to criticise than do anything constructive. Ummm, yeah, right.

I wish that I hadn't had such a smack on the head before the Saturday night meeting, as there was alot that I wanted to say, but just couldn't put words to thoughts at the time as I felt pretty rough.

There were some interesting and intelligent comments at the meeting, but to be honest, I think they were derived more from a fear of losing everything, rather than the courage to stand by the people that were genuinely attempting to improve EVERYONES lot in their DD life. If everyone had the balls to have faith in the notion that they weren't doing this for their own, but everyones benefit, then proceedings may have taken a slightly more constructive course.

Such is life though, and I respect the fact that people were interested enough in the series to put serious, probing questions to the people they call good friends, I do think that there were some duplicitous arguments going on though. Certain people need to make up their mind just what they consider to be important, and at what time they choose that argument to be of merit.

The simple fact is, that the majority of riders are happy to stay with the DSC (so be it, I have no problem with that, given certain conditions), but have made it perfectly clear that they are unhappy with the conduct of some of the higher management. The thing that galls me, is that many of the riders in the paddock were hysterically vocal when Dom was protested under such blatantly personal conditions, yet are suddenly unwilling to offer the same support to an attempt to improve the series for fear of losing the series itself. For such bright folk to be that blinkered is a trifle embarrassing. Do you really think that they would go to the efforts they have, just to screw your series. Dear me, weak sauce, people.

At the end of the day though, I'm always willing to listen to argument and advice.

I entered the meeting in full support of the breakaway, but left it thinking that maybe all that really needed changing were the people in charge and that the new suggestions, along with any others that are worthy should be implemented. There were some great ideas suggested, but I have a nagging suspicion that they will all be agreed to, then when you've paid your deposits, it'll be "Sorry, they just weren't implementable, nothing to do with us!"

There isn't that much wrong with DD, but frankly, I think that it needs to be run by different people.

Thank youuuuu.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 23:56
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Tim, you can't call an egm, the club currently runs under the rules as printed on the back of the membership form
To really effect a change in the running of DD ( is that what the aim is??) you need to have a majority on the MT and be willing to have input into the rest of the club activities. A member of MT will represent the views of the DD racers but those views are passed via a sub committe ( riders reps), All of MT then make a decision on it considering that input, this is exactly how regions and events have their input and follows established club guidelines. To cover sub committees within the constitution review would have taken forever but could form part of another review at a later date if MT approved that review.

Oops! I was looking at a document headed 'constitution' attached to the Agenda for the AGM which I thought was the original constitution, but clearly it wasn't, as there isn't one, just Rules as per the membership form. I'm only just getting the picture now, thanks to Mike. Sorry for butting in
Old 10-Oct-2006, 01:31
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
BULLLCHEEEESE!!

I entered the meeting in full support of the breakaway,

And you have been a member of the DSC for how long ?

No wonder you are happy to have the series breakaway from the DSC as like others you have only joined the DSC to race in DD a series setup by the DSC through its management team and members.

I wasn't impressed at the meeting from what I could make out a small group of DSC members including one from the management team wanted to get existing DD riders to support a breakaway series and not the DSC series.
To try and drum up support they made several statements that were not backed up by facts.
one minute we were told that one of them had been approached by JP of New Era about running an alternative series and the next minute we were told JP didn't want to get involved in club politics. So if he doesn't want to get involved in club politics why is he bothering to seek out somebody to talk about an alternative series and apparently he managed to seek out just the right people who would be interested or maybe it was the other way round somebody interested in running a alternative series approached him.

Will I be doing DD next year
Well that will depend, certain situations this year need to be resolved first, as does size of and number of grids.

I am more than happy to go back to doing what I was doing before DD was formed and will be staying a DSC member as there is far more to the club than DD and some of the politics that goes on.
For £25 I joined a club that has offered me a great deal over the years. One thing is for certain I'm not interested in joining a breakaway series as I believe in the reasons why DD was started.
To allow the membership of the DSC to make the step-up from trackdays to racing in the same friendly emviroment that they experienced at the DSC trackdays.
And for many this is exactly what DD has done and I'm sure some of them are greatful to the MT for allowing them to do so.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Oct-2006, 08:20
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

Is there a limit before you can have an opinion?

Quote:
No wonder you are happy to have the series breakaway from the DSC as like others you have only joined the DSC to race in DD a series setup by the DSC through its management team and members.

And if people didn't, you'd have a grid of under 20 bikes, which eventually would become a big fat ZERO. You need people to join DSC to do DD, or there would be no series.

Quote:
I wasn't impressed at the meeting from what I could make out a small group of DSC members including one from the management team wanted to get existing DD riders to support a breakaway series and not the DSC series.
To try and drum up support they made several statements that were not backed up by facts.

They were all backed up by facts, but in order to protect those involved, we couldn't provide names. History proves that as soon as facts are released, certain people run off and tell tales, followed by club management phoning around and ****ging various people off.

Kev, you for one ran straight to the MT when you were shown a private email. Then Chris Bushell sytematically started phoning people to start a rumour about an email that alledgedly went out to certain people and not others, he then also rang around various sponsors to accuse them of sponsoring a breakaway - Nice work.

I won't even mention Snetterton!!

Ooops, I did.

Quote:
one minute we were told that one of them had been approached by JP of New Era about running an alternative series

That's correct.

Quote:
and the next minute we were told JP didn't want to get involved in club politics.

That's correct.

Quote:
So if he doesn't want to get involved in club politics why is he bothering to seek out somebody to talk about an alternative series and apparently he managed to seek out just the right people who would be interested

Because the 'right' people were still at Snetterton, long after everyone else had left. Tidying up the remains of all the days politics!!!!!

Quote:
or maybe it was the other way round somebody interested in running a alternative series approached him.

or maybe it wasn't.

Stop making wrong assumptions. Base your argument on FACT - like you keep banging on about.

Quote:
I am more than happy to go back to doing what I was doing before DD was formed

Good.
Old 10-Oct-2006, 08:28
Mille

Mood: Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

one minute we were told that one of them had been approached by JP of New Era about running an alternative series and the next minute we were told JP didn't want to get involved in club politics. So if he doesn't want to get involved in club politics why is he bothering to seek out somebody to talk about an alternative series and apparently he managed to seek out just the right people who would be interested or maybe it was the other way round somebody interested in running a alternative series approached him.

Will I be doing DD next year
Well that will depend, certain situations this year need to be resolved first, as does size of and number of grids.

I am more than happy to go back to doing what I was doing before DD was formed and will be staying a DSC member as there is far more to the club than DD and some of the politics that goes on.
For £25 I joined a club that has offered me a great deal over the years. One thing is for certain I'm not interested in joining a breakaway series as I believe in the reasons why DD was started.
To allow the membership of the DSC to make the step-up from trackdays to racing in the same friendly emviroment that they experienced at the DSC trackdays.
And for many this is exactly what DD has done and I'm sure some of them are greatful to the MT for allowing them to do so.

The MT has not allowed them, THE CLUB HAS.