Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Jul-2006, 15:57
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Red face Scroungie Favour Thing for Cadwell DSC TD

Chaps & Chapesses

Can I ask a large favour of someone who will be attending the two-day TD on 21/22 August?
I will be riding my bike there and back as I don't yet have a van (long-term project, that). As a result, I won't be able to bring extra fuel to the circuit. It's easy enough to ride the bike to the petrol station that's two miles down the road from the circuit but I always expect to get a pull from local constabulary if I do that - no mirrors, indicators, brake light, VRM, etc being an issue. This has got me worried for some reason.

Can I pretty please buy a share of someone's fuel supply that they are bringing to the track? I'm guessing about 20 litres of Premium will be plenty, based upon my experience of Cadwell. I am prepared to supply a jerry can or other container, if required and of course pay for the fuel itself. I will also perform any (non-arrestable) services for free (or cheap rates) for anyone who can help here.

Thanks for reading and considering my cap-in-hand request!
Old 18-Jul-2006, 16:02
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Hey Loz, just a suggestion mate but I reckon you'll need more than 20L for two days on track.

I generally start the day with a full tank of fuel and still use 1/3rd to 1/2 a can without doing all the sessions. Chuck another day on that and all of a sudden you're out of fuel.

Are you doing the evening sessions as well?
Old 18-Jul-2006, 16:10
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Will the petrol station at the track not be open?
Old 18-Jul-2006, 18:37
Big Twin

TP - I imagine you might be right, it's possible I'll use as much as 30 litres, but I didn't want appear greedy. I won't be doing the evening session, I'll be sleeping for twelve hours solid after Day One!

Multi600 - unless things have changed at Cadwell since I was there last (and they may have) but I don't think fuel is available trackside. Someone will correct if I'm wrong (and invariably, I am!).

... I think maybe I'm just about to find out I'm wrong again!

Last edited by Loz : 18-Jul-2006 at 18:44.
Old 18-Jul-2006, 18:44
GTL

Loz, I'll be driving up from Biggin Hill with my bike on a trailer (sadly, a single, so I won't be able to offer you a lift unless I can scrounge a twin trailer) But, if you don't get a better offer, I can certainly take a jerry can and any other gear up for you, and do the shuttle to and from the nearest petrol station. Let me know, Ian
Old 18-Jul-2006, 18:46
Big Twin

Thanks for that, Ian. That's very kind!

I'm currently waiting to see whether Charlotte has some important information for me on another thread! Will let you know when the message board allows me to view it ...

STOP PRESS
No, CK didn't have any info on fuel at Cadwell, she just wanted me to look at some dirty photographs instead.

Last edited by Loz : 18-Jul-2006 at 18:50.
Old 18-Jul-2006, 19:00
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Loz - I'd be happy to bring a can up for you. I'll fill a couple of 20L cans and if we need to get some more, we can go touring in the wagon!!!

Tim
Old 18-Jul-2006, 20:15
Big Twin

Tim
Thanks very much! Ian Harris has made a kind offer too, but if TP is right, I'll be using gallons of fuel and will need all the help I can get! LOL
Old 18-Jul-2006, 22:08
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Loz

If needs be I can send a "boy" down to the local at Scamblesby for you. Don't worry on this one chap, we won't see you without.