Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jul-2006, 17:30
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
just about to leave, weather looking fine, 4.5 hour drive min.....worth it though, grand circuit and always welcome to friendly atmosphere.

WeeJohnyB
Old 08-Jul-2006, 22:58
Big Twin

What a cracking day. the weather was near perfect, not too hot and slightly overcast and the rain that threatened only turned up for a few seconds at 5.00pm.

Met up with Ray and big Martin M. great to see you guys, I took Ray out for a session and Lawsey took Martin out, so hopefully you both enjoyed the day. We only had a couple of stopages, one for oil on the circuit, but it was slightly off-line, so it didn't spoil the day.

Loads of Ducs there, but I didn't get to meet Loverobot, maybe next time.
Guido came over for a rideout to say hello - great to see you Guy.

I finally changed my knackered tyres and put on some Avon's - No Limits have a deal with them this year, so obliged to use them - very impressed mind you, my bike felt slightly slower to turn in when I first went out with them, but by lap two I'd forgotten how it was before and discovered they are nice and grippy and predictable.

No Limits are at Donny on Monday, but I have to do my other day job, but on Friday morning at 6.00am, we'll be on our now annual road-trip to Mondello - oh yes, bring it on my son - luverly!

WeeJohnyB
Old 09-Jul-2006, 11:15
500SD

lol johnny you did meet loverobot - i just introduced myself by my proper name Nick - i was the guy on the blue ! gixxer 600 with the number 300 on it

thanks for your encouragement and advice - i did what you sggested and it did definately help

good to see ray and martin as well - see you all at the next one!

i am at dony with no limits on the 21st.....!
Old 09-Jul-2006, 11:30
Big Twin

ha ha ha ha

just spotted your avatar, doh!!!!

oh yes, that'll be you I did a session with then.....good to meet you, hope you got something out of the session

cheers

WeeJohnyB
Old 09-Jul-2006, 11:33
Big Twin

oh and for all the soft southerners thinking croft is not quite the end of the world but you can see it from there, north london to croft in 2 hours 58 mins in a fully loaded van, so not much different to cadwell or oulton.

WeeJohnyB
Old 10-Jul-2006, 11:42
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
ha ha ha ha

just spotted your avatar, doh!!!!

oh yes, that'll be you I did a session with then.....good to meet you, hope you got something out of the session

cheers

WeeJohnyB

definately did thanks
the upper body thing and the initial turn in speed definately helped a lot and made lots of sense
more practice re the main points you gave me - at donno on the 21st july so if you are there could do with a 'refresher' in the early afternoon?
Old 10-Jul-2006, 13:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Yep,

Good day with the No limits crew, sound, understandable advice from WJB as usual. Looks like I need to put some effort into riding the bike if I wanna go any better!

LRBT, if you stop going out at the back of the group I'll see if me 998 can stay with yer 600!!

It looks a bit marginal, but maybe if I move around on the bike a bike more and make the straights a bit longer! It'd be nice to get on that camera stuck up yer air intake but no close ups mind!

Ray.
Old 10-Jul-2006, 14:41
500SD

cheers ray
i think we managed to get out once on the same part but got tangled up in traffic
next time!
tried to reply to your message but "server busy" again
ho hum!